Ayurveda: It believes in three doshas – vata, pitta and kapha. An imbalance in these results in a disease. Ayurveda has the faith that allergy or Sheetpitta is a condition of pitta. Allergic Rhinitis from an Ayurvedic perspective is because of the toxins present in the body (ama) and due to the low immunity. Ama increases the levels of pitta andkapha in the body, thus giving rise to different symptoms of allergies. Ayurveda considers this as a Kapha-Pittadisorder. Some approaches to get rid of allergic rhinitis are:
- Add a slice of ginger, pepper and cardamom while preparing tea
- Take two spoons of Apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey mixed in a glass of cooled boiled water early in the morning.
- Inducing therapeutic vomiting which helps in balancing Kapha.
- Taking two tablets of guduchi thrice a day or consuming tea made of camphor, cloves and basil for about two weeks will help in preventing the aggravation of Kapha.
- Amrutharishta, Sudarsanasava, Dasamoola kaduthryam qwath, Indukantham qwath, Amruthotharam qwath, Septilin tablet and syrup, etc. are the commonly used medicines.