Hair loss is quite common in this day and age on account of rampant pollution, stress, irregular eating patterns, and a lack of adequate physical activity. These are the external factors that lead to hair loss, but hair loss may also be caused by hereditary factors. If your ancestors or predecessors had the same problem of hair loss, you may infer that the genes causing the trouble have been transferred to you too. Hair loss due to genetic predisposition is referred to as androgenetic alopecia, and is pervasive among males.
As the hair loss trouble is genetic, and you cannot modify the genetic content and composition of the body, it is not possible to cure the problem completely. However, you may lessen the pace of hair loss by employing several home remedies, some of which are given below:
- You can employ aromatherapy to treat hair loss due to heredity. Use a blend of rosemary and sage essential oils along with carrier oils like coconut or jojoba oil. Aromatherapy is highly effective in curing hair loss due to hereditary factors by alleviating the state of mind as well as body.
- You can also use Aloe Vera gel to treat hair loss due to genetic factors. Aloe Vera gel penetrates deep in to the roots of your hairs, thereby addressing the problem.
- Use a mixture of castor oil and olive oil to massage your scalp. Heat the blend of these oils and massage on your scalp at least thrice a week. This remedy will help to retard hair loss, although it may take some time for the results to become evident.
- Beat the yolk of an egg and apply it on your scalp every alternate day. Egg yolk is rich in the nutrients that are needed by the hair to grow.
- The application of coconut milk is also a proven remedy to prevent hair loss due to heredity.
- Prepare a decoction of fenugreek seeds and apply it on your scalp once a week, so as to treat hair loss due to genetic disorders.
- You are also recommended to consume mustard seeds with water every morning, on an empty stomach. You may continue to use this remedy for a period of several months and you should notice a change in the volume and density of your hair.
As you suffer from hair loss due to genetic constraints, your problem may not be cured fully, but these remedies will surely help to alleviate it to a great extent.