Bad Breath or Halitosis
What is halitosis?
Halitosis is a dental condition which causes bad breath.
Certain foods, poor oral hygiene, mouth diseases, xerostomia (dry mouth), chewing tobacco products, hunger and stomach problems.
Foul, odorous breath; an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
- Parsley leaves are rich in chlorophyll, nature’s own deodorizer. Chew some leaves regularly and your breath will remain fresh. Alternatively, you can chew some cardamom seeds (ilaichi) sweeten your breath.
- Chew some fennel seeds (saunf) frequently.
- Put a piece of cinnamom (dalchini) in a betel leaf (paan ka patta) and chew it.
- Boil some cinnamom (dalchini) in a cup of water. Store it in a clean bottle in your bathroom. Use it as mouthwash frequently.
- Use neem twigs as tooth paste.
Powder dried mint leaves (pudina). Use as toothpowder.