BNS AMLA JUICE AND AMLA-C GRANULES
Recommended Dosage: 20 – 25 ml of Bns Amla juice taken in one glass of water twice a day. It is better to take on an empty stomach.
Suggested dosage for Amla C granules is 1 teaspoon, or around 4 grams. While there are no commonly reported side effects of amla, as with any new health supplement it’s best to begin slowly and see how your body tolerates it.
You could start with just a quarter of a teaspoon, approximately 1 gram, building up to half a teaspoon or 2 grams over the course of week. If this is well tolerated, the following week you could increase your amla dosage to a maintenance dose of 4 grams.
Amla or Indian gooseberry is popular since decades due to its nutritional benefits. In India, this fruit is used in making pickles, chutneys, jams and murabbas. Amla juice is a healthy drink as it is a storehouse of vitamin C and other nutrients which provide an array of health and beauty benefits. Amla fruit is greatly renowned and amla juice is also used in Ayurvedic medicine.
It is regarded as the juice of immortality or the magic potion which keeps you young and fit. Drinking amla juice twice a day can do wonders for your body and skin. It not only improves the appearance of your skin but also helps maintain proper body functions. It also makes your hair grow stronger. Today amla juice is commercially available in medical stores but it is advisable to prepare it at home in order to ensure that it is pure and contains no added preservatives. All these qualities make it a healthy alternative for aerated and processed drinks.
Health Benefits Of Amla Juice:
Amla juice is a great drink to recharge your energy for the rest of the day. Being a storehouse of vitamin C and minerals like iron, it can prevent various diseases and improves your health. Regular intake of this juice provides you the following health benefits.
1. Relieves Asthma And Bronchitis:
Drinking amla juice with honey twice daily can relieve asthma and bronchitis complications. It also reduces the incidence of chronic cough, allergic asthma and tuberculosis.
2. Burns Fat:
Amla juice can cure obesity by increasing protein levels which in turn helps in reducing unwanted fat. It has the ability to create a positive nitrogen balance. It reduces the cholesterol levels, thus minimizing the risk of heart attacks.
3. Relieves Constipation And Piles:
Amla juice helps in relieving constipation caused due to piles. It also regulates the bowel movements and cures chronic constipation.
4. Treatment of Gastric Disorders:
Amla juice is great treatment for gastric
disorders and hyperchlorhydria (burning sensation in abdomen).It is a good remedy for diarrhea and dysentery. Besides piles and constipation, it helps maintain healthy liver functions. Amla juice is effective in treating peptic ulcers and acidity. If you have acidity problems, you can take amla juice with pure ghee everyday twice a day.
5. Blood Purifier:
Amla juice acts as a blood purifier by flushing out toxins from the body. Regular intake of this juice purifies your blood as well as helps increase hemoglobin and red blood cell counts.
6. Eye Health:
Regular intake of amla juice helps in improving eyesight and nearsightedness as well as controls the onset of cataracts. It also minimizes intraocular tension. It counters problems like reddening, itching and watering of eyes.
7. Beneficial For Heart:
Amla juice is considered a great remedy for heart problems as it makes the heart muscles strong, thus enabling the heart to pump blood easily.
8. Controls Diabetes:
Amla juice taken with turmeric powder and honey helps in controlling diabetes.
9. Cooling Agent:
Amla juice contains 20 times more vitamin C than orange juice. This vitamin improves the tannins that are required to shield heat and light. During summer season, this juice keeps your skin cool by sorting out heat from the body. It also acts as a shield against radiation by protecting you against the harmful UV rays.
10. Soothes Inflammation:
The anti-inflammatory properties in amla juice help in reducing the swelling in the joints caused by arthritis. By reducing inflammation, it also protects and eases the tissues of the digestive tract.
11. Oral Health:
Daily intake of amla juice wards off bad breath and strengthens teeth. Gargling with a mixture of water and amla juice can provide relief from painful mouth ulcers.
12. Treatment of Insomnia:
Amla juice is effective in curing insomnia. All you need to do is take fresh amla juice with a mixture of coarse powder of nutmeg; and experience a sound and peaceful sleep.
13. Prevents Cancer:
Amla juice is rich in antioxidants, particularly superoxide dismutase (
SOD), which protect against the formation of free radicals. Thus, regular intake of this juice helps in preventing cancer.
14. Bone Health:
Regular consumption of amla juice lowers the osteoclasts, the cells that are responsible for breaking down the bones.
15. Other Benefits:
Amla juice comprises of many minerals and vitamins such as carotene, phosphorus, calcium, iron and vitamin B complex; and hence, is a powerful antioxidant. It protects against oxidative stress by eliminating free radicals. It fortifies our liver, strengthens your lung, nourishes your brain, improves muscle tone, improves your urinary system and balances stomach acids. In fact, according to Ayurveda, regular consumption of amla juice promotes longevity.
[Read:Benefits Of Almond Oil]
Benefits Of Amla Juice For Skin:
Amla juice works wonders for your skin as it is loaded with vitamin C and other antioxidants. Some of the benefits of amla juice for skin are as follows.
16. Lightens Complexion:
The antioxidants and vitamin C present in amla juice brighten your skin and impart a natural glow to it. Drinking amla juice with the addition of honey or applying it as a face pack is great for making your complexion lighter and brighter. It also keeps your skin free from blemishes.
17. Anti-ageing Benefits:
Amla juice helps to maintain the youthful look of your skin as it contains a lot of antioxidants. Vitamin C, in particular, acts to keep your skin young for a longer time. Thus, regular intake of amla juice delays the effects of premature ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots etc.
18. Treatment of Pigmentation:
One of the benefits of drinking amla juice regularly is that it provides you with a glowing and flawless skin. It brightens your skin and reduces pigmentation. You can also apply amla juice on your face with a cotton wool and rinse off after a few minutes. Keep your eyes shut while doing so. Doing this regularly will lighten the marks and pigmentation.
19. Tones and Tightens Skin:
Decrease in the skin collagen causes your skin tissue to lose its firmness and softness, resulting in sagging skin. As stated earlier, amla juice is rich in vitamin C which boosts the production of collagen cells in the skin, thus making your skin soft, supple and youthful as well as tones and tightens your skin.
20. Treatment of Acne and Pimples:
Amla juice is perfect for the treatment of acne and pimple scars. Applying a paste made from amla for 10 to 15 minutes will heal the spots as well as decrease the acne and pimples. Moreover, since it is a natural blood purifier, it fights the microorganisms in the skin, thus keeping skin infections as well as acne and pimples at bay. Hence, drinking amla juice on a regular basis helps to keep your skin clear and flawless.
21. Exfoliates And Cleanses Skin:
Amla juice is an excellent cleanser whether ingested or applied topically. Being a mild exfoliant, it helps in removing the dead skin cells. If your skin is sensitive, you can dilute it with some water before applying.
22. Repairs Damaged Tissues:
Amla juice has good healing properties due to the presence of vitamin C and other antioxidants which can speed up the damaged tissue repair, thus providing you with a healthy and clear skin. It also combats the problem of dry and scaly skin.
[Read:Benefits Of Rhubarb]
Amla Juice Benefits For Hair:
Amla has been considered as a hair tonic and so amla juice also plays an important role in making your hair healthier and stronger. It is an effective natural remedy for several hair problems. Some of its benefits in hair care are as follows.
23. Strengthens Hair:
Amla juice strengthens your hair follicles, thus encouraging hair growth. You can apply a mixture of amla and lemon juice on your scalp and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. This will strengthen your hair from roots and make it shinier.
24. Prevents Premature Graying:
Amla juice is very beneficial for those suffering from premature graying of hair. This is because it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which prevent premature graying of hair.
25. Treatment of Dandruff:
Dandruff is a common problem these days and having amla juice is an effective way of getting rid of it. Regular consumption of this juice prevents accumulation of dandruff on your scalp.
26. Improves Pigmentation:
Amla juice helps to improve pigmentation and color of hair and makes it darker and thicker. It is used as an effective ingredient in hair dyes and other hair care products. It is great for the treatment of hair discoloration and graying hair.
27. Good Conditioner:
Amla juice acts as a great conditioner for dry and rough h
air. You can mix some amla juice with henna and apply it on your hair. This will counteract the drying nature of henna, thus providing you with healthy and conditioned hair. You can also use it as a hair wash to add extra shine and bounce.
28. Scalp Cleanser:
You can mix amla juice with an egg, beat it and massage your hair with it. Amla juice will mask the smell of eggs and provide you with shiny, silky and squeaky clean nourished scalp.
29. Prevents Hair Problems:
Besides strengthening your hair, regular consumption of amla juice helps to deal with several hair problems like hair loss, split ends and frizzy hair.
Amla juice offers countless benefits for your skin, hair and health by enriching your body with vital nutrients. It deserves to be incorporated in your diet and can be a healthy alternative for various dietary supplements sans the negative effects.
About Amla (Gooseberry)
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a great and amazing natural fruit which is available in India in very sufficient amount in the winter season. One can use it or store it for his regular uses in all the seasons. It is the important fruits of the Ayurveda as most of the Ayurvedic preparations have amla. Amla is also known as the Indian gooseberry which is packed with the lot of nutrients, Polyphenols, vitamins, minerals iron and etc. It helps everyone to have a longer and healthier life. It keeps the person at bay from several diseases.
Gooseberry is the most commonly utilized fruit in the Indian households because of its really working health benefits and medicinal properties for long years. 100 grams of amla contains around 445 mg of vitamin C. It also contains the ellagic acid, gallic acid, kaempferol, flavonoids and Polyphenols which have their own benefits as an antimicrobial and antiviral. Amla works as a good blood purifier thus found in many herbal medicines to treat various diseases like diabetes, heart disease, diarrhea, fever, bacterial and viral infections. It works as a natural appetizer (improves appetite) without any side effects.
Benefits of Amla/Gooseberry
Rich Source of Vitamin C
- Amla is very good source of Vitamin C.
Strengthen Immunity Power
- It enhances the immunity power of a person if it is used regularly.
- Amla has antibacterial property thus helps to fight against infection by building immunity.
Prevents from Ageing
- Amla is the rich source of antioxidants thus prevents the body from free radicals, reduces cells damage, prevent from ageing, cancer and other diseases.
Beneficial for Stomach and Liver
- Amla reduces the inflammation and acidity.
- Amla keeps the liver healthy (a most important body organ) and helps in flushing out more toxins.
Keeps Urinary System Healthy
- It also keeps the urinary system healthy and helps in flushing out more toxins without over-stimulating the kidney.
Cures Sore Throat
- It cures the sore throat and cough if taken its juice with ginger juice together.
Keeps Bone Healthy
- The extracts of amla help in slowing down the activity of osteoclasts (a cell type which breaks down the bone).
Prevents from Infection
- It protects us from chronic cough, Bronchitis, tuberculosis as well as allergic asthma.
Provides Nourishment to Nerves
- It nourishes the nerves and provides relief in paralytic situations.
Keeps Body Systems Healthy
- It cures urinary, respiratory, cerebral, gastro, cardiovascular problems.
Increases Hemoglobin Level
- Because of its iron content, it enhances the RBC production and hemoglobin.
Strengthens Teeth and Nails
- It makes stronger the teeth and nails.
Improves Memory Power
- Amla rejuvenates the brain and improves memory as it is rich source of antioxidants and vitamin-c which enhances the production of norepinephrine (neurotransmitter) thus enhances the mood and brain activity.
- It treats the disorders like insomnia and provides relief from stress.
- It cures the leucorrhoea if taken with honey.
- It boosts the protein metabolism and helps in losing weight faster.
Provides Relief from Inflammation
- It helps in curing the diseases like arthritis, osteoporosis and pancreatitis and age-related renal diseases.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it reduces the joints (like knees) pain and swelling in the person with arthritis.
Reduces Bad Cholesterol
- Amla enhances the level of good cholesterol means HDL and reduces the bad cholesterol.
Reduces Risk of Gall Bladder Stone
- It helps by preventing the risk of gall bladder stone (gall stone) formation as it reduces the cholesterol level in bile (excess cholesterol cause formation of stone).
Beneficial for Heart
- Amla is very good source for reducing the bad cholesterol level or LDL (by inhibiting the oxidation of called thiobarbituric acid, TBA), triglycerides and VLDL level in the body. So, it helps the heart to be prevented from many diseases like heart attack, stroke etc. As it is rich in the fibers and iron, so effectively in controls the oxidation of LDL means Low density lipoprotein which releases the free radicals (causing coronary artery disease).
Protects from Heart Diseases
- Amla helps in preventing the accumulation of plaques in the arteries means atherosclerosis thus protects heart diseases.
- It improves the body resistance and strengthens the heart muscles.
Benefits of Amla for Diabetes
Maintains Blood Sugar Level
- Amla is rich in polyphenol thus controls the diabetes and complications of diabetes. It assists in the good insulin absorption which leads to the reduced blood sugar.
Regularizes Carbohydrate Metabolism
- It is rich in chromium which helps in regulating the carbohydrate metabolism thus helps the body to respond well to the insulin and reduces blood glucose level.
Benefits of Amla for Women and Men
Provides Relief from Menstrual Pain
- Amla helps the woman by relieving the menstrual cramps.
Enhances Sperm Count
- Amla is rich in the iron content which has ability to enhance hemoglobin and the sperm count thus improves the sex life.
Benefits of Amla for Eyes
- Amla juice if taken with honey helps in improving the eyesight.
Reduces Eye Inflammation
- It helps in reducing the redness, itching and watering of the eyes as well as improves eyesight.
Benefits of Amla for Digestive System
Prevents from Gastric Ailments
- Amla reduces the gastric problems as it has anti inflammatory properties and works as a good antidote for upset stomach. It cures acidity if taken empty stomach.
Improves Good Digestion
- Amla helps the body in more nutrients absorption from food thus aids in good digestion.
Remedy for Diarrhea, Dysentery and Constipation
- It is very good home remedy for diarrhea, dysentery and constipation because of its laxatives property.
Provides Relief from Acidity
- It provides relief from the hyperchlorhydria means the burning sensation of abdomen.
Benefits of Amla for Skin
Makes Skin Youthful
- Gooseberry helps the skin looking great by removing blemishes, acne and other scars. It is good for getting better complexion as it is the excellent source of Vitamin C and minerals).
Provides Natural Glow to Skin
- It lightens the skin complexion as it contains vitamin C (anti aging property) which provides youthful look and natural glow.
Removes Dead Cells and Wrinkles
- It works as a natural exfoliator and skin brightening mask as it removes dead cells, wrinkles and soothes the skin because of its astringent properties.
Removes Spots from Skin
- Applying amla juice with cotton balls on the face for 10 to 15 minutes keeps skin spots, acne, pimples and pigments free.
Prevents from Ageing
- It is good source of Vitamin A thus reduces the ageing process. Vitamin A is very necessary for producing collagen (makes the skin looks young and elastic). If it is taken empty stomach, it slows down the collagen degradation.
Tightens the Skin
- It boosts the collagen production in the skin thus keeps skin tight, toned, soft, supple and youthful.
Repair Damaged Skin Cells
- It is a natural home remedy which promotes damaged skin cells repairing in the body and makes skin smooth and new look.
Benefits of Amla for Hair
Keeps hair Healthy
- It helps the hairs to look healthy and shiny than ever before if uses regularly. It minimizes the hair loss and helps the body to absorb more calcium from food.
- Eating or applying paste of amla powder to the hair helps in getting relief from the dandruff and keeps hair strong, thick, dark and smooth.
Prevents from Premature Hair Graying
- Amla oil massage helps in inducing sound sleep and preventing premature hair graying because of antioxidant nature.
Promote Hair Growth
- It strengthens hair follicles and encourages new hair growth if amla juice and lemon juice mixture is applied to the scalp for 20 to 30 mins and wash with little warm water.
Treats Hair Problems
- Regular consumption of amla or amla juice helps in treating various hair problems like hair loss, hair fall, split ends and etc.
Benefits of Amla Juice
Effective for Scurvy and Jaundice
- Taking amla juice in the early morning (empty stomach) prevents from scurvy and jaundice.
Treats Mouth Ulcer
- Amla juice treats the mouth ulcers very frequently.
Boosts Immunity System
- Amla juice is a powerhouse of the vitamin C and iron which helps boosting the immunity system and prevents from various diseases.
Provides Relief from Respiratory Diseases
- Drink amla juice with honey to get relieve from the respiratory problems like asthma, allergic asthma, bronchitis, chronic cough, tuberculosis and etc.
Regularizes Bowel Movements
- It regulates bowel movements and reduces the risk of chronic constipation and piles and other gastric disorders such as hyperchlorhydria (abdominal burning sensation), diarrhea, dysentery, peptic ulcer and acidity.
Increases RBC Counts
- Regular drink of amla juice purifies blood by flushing out all the toxins from body as well as enhancing red blood cell counts.
Reduces Risk of Eye Problems
- It improves eyesight by reducing the chances of nearsightedness, glaucoma, cataracts, intraocular tension and etc.
Prevents from UV Rays
- It makes a protective shield around the body to prevent from the harmful sun light radiations such as UV rays.
Reduces Inflammation of Bone
- It reduces the inflammations and swelling in the joints as well as cures arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Reduces Stress Level
- It is a body cooling drink keeps mind stress free and cures insomnia.
Prevents from Cancer
- Its powerful antioxidant quality protects against free radicals formation and their side effects thus prevents from cancer and other lethal diseases.
Benefits of Amla Juice for Weight Loss
- It helps in improving the metabolism rate in the body and protein synthesis which in turn helps losing weight faster.
Removes Body Toxins
- It detoxifies the body and removes toxins thus reduces tendency to gain more weight.
Energizes the Body
- It helps in energizing and rejuvenating the body all time by maintaining the proper body systems work out thus reduces the chance of tiredness and lethargy which ultimately contribute to weight loss strategy.
Rich Source of all Crucial Nutrients
- It fulfills the daily body needs of minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients which keeps body active and promotes weight loss.
Benefits of Amla Powder
Prevents Body from Free Radicals
- Amla powder contains high level of vitamin C, phytonutrients, ellagic acid, flavonoids and etc which helps in reducing free radicals formation in the body.
Repair Hair Damage
- Amla powder can be eaten orally or applied topically to the face or hair to get its full benefits. It contains a phenolic compound called gallic acid which helps in repairing damaged hair.
Maintain Blood Pressure
- It helps in controlling elevated cholesterol level in the blood as well as having tendency to lower the blood pressure.
Prevents from Gastrointestinal Disorders
- It is rich source of dietary fibers which helps in regulating digestive functioning and reduces the risk of gastrointestinal disorders.
Benefits of Amla Seeds Oil
Promotes Better Hair Growth
- Applying amla hair oil with proper massage to the scalp promotes better hair growth and strengthens the hair follicles.
Prevents from Hair Loss
- It provides natural dark color and shine to the hair as well as prevents from the dullness, dandruff and hair fall.
Medicinal Benefits of Amla
Treats Premature Hair Graying
- Applying the paste of (soak dried amla, baheda, aam ki githali into iron pot for whole night and make paste) mixture into hair in the early morning helps in treating premature graying of the hair.
Makes Hair Strong and Lengthy
- Applying the paste or water of amla, sikakai, reetha keeps hair strong, lengthy, soft and black.
Provides Relief from Vomiting and Hiccough
- Drinking amla juice with misri and water two to three times a day helps in relieving vomiting and hiccough problem.
Treats Acidity Problems
- It provides help in treating acidity problem if soaked amla seeds (for whole night) paste is taken in the morning with cow milk.
Cures Liver Disorders
- Taking amla chatni with honey two times in the morning and evening helps in curing jaundice and other liver disorders.
- Eating triphala churn with warm water during sleeping time helps in curing constipation.
- Taking amla powder with malai of dahi two to three times a day helps in treating bleeding from piles.
Provides Relief from Pain
- Applying fresh amla juice on the cut, wounds, etc provides relief.
Keeps Young and Youthful
- Taking amla powder at night with ghee, honey or water helps in keeping young and youthful.
Benefits of Amla Murabba
Amla murabba can be eaten in any season if it is cooked well and stored well at safe place and container. It is the most cheapest and simple way of getting all the health benefits of amla in natural way as well as fulfill the daily body requirement of the vitamin C in any season and every day of the whole year.
Amla murabba can be prepared at home by any normal person in very simple ways during winter season. Buy some fresh amla with intact skin from the market, wash it properly under the running water and let it dry for 2 to 4 hours till the water is completely flown away from each and every amla to prevent your amla murabba from the fungus and store it for long time without the use of any preservative chemical. Boil some water in the big pan and add amla to it and let it boil for 5 mins. Remove amla from the boiled water and let it dry. Prepare chasni in another big pan (till one strand) and add boiled and dried amla in it and let it boil at low flame for 40 to 45 mins. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely then store it in any big, well washed, dried and airtight container.
Nutritional Benefits of raw Amla/Gooseberry per 100 gm
(Source: USDA Nutrient Database)
Energy: 44 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 10.18 g
Protein: 0.88 g
Fat: 0.58 g
Dietary Fibers: 4.3 g
Folates (B9): 6 mcg
Riboflavin (B2): 0.030 mg
Thiamin (B1): 0.040 mg
Niacin (B3): 0.300 mg
Pantothenic acid (B5): 0.286 mg
Pyridoxine (B6): 0.080 mg
Vitamin A: 290 IU
Vitamin C: 27.7 mg
Carotene 0.01 mg
Calcium: 25 mg
Copper: 0.070 mg
Iron: 0.31 mg
Manganese: 0.144 mg
Phosphorus: 27 mg
Magnesium: 10 mg
Zinc: 0.12 mg
Potassium: 198 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Tryptophan 3.0 mg
Methionine 2.1 mg
Lysine 17.0 mg
How to Select and Store Amla
Amla can be easily bought from the market during winter season and can be stored in many ways for the whole year to get its all the health benefits in any season. Always buy fresh, well ripe, hard, bright yellowish green, well skinned and medium sized amla from the market. Avoid buying bruised, raw or too green, wrinkled skin, spotted, infected and bad smelling amla. It can be stored for 8-10 days in winter season at room temperature if placed well in the cool, dry and safe place away from the direct sun light. However, in the refrigerator it can be stored for one month long duration if placed in the air tight poly bags after well wash under running water.
How to Enjoy Amla
Amla or Indian gooseberry can be enjoyed in many forms such as raw, chutney, juice, pickles, cooked vegetable, jam or murabba and powdered amla granules in any season. Amla is a wonderful natural ayurvedic fruit which is very cheap, easy to find and digest. Amla is also used in many ayurvedic medicines made for medicinal purposes.
Daily Requirement of Vitamin C (which can be fulfilled by Amla) for Different Groups:
- Infants below 1 year of age require around 30 to 35 mg.
- Children of age 1 to 14 years require around 40 to 50 mg.
- Adolescent between 15 to 18 years of age require around 65 to 75 mg.
- Adult Man over 18 years of age requires around 90 mg.
- Adult Woman over 18 years of age requires 75 mg.
How Many Amla to Eat a Day
Amla can be eaten on daily basis by any normal and healthy person however, the person suffering from any health disorder must consult by the physician to eat amla on daily basis. Eating two to three medium sized amla by the healthy person is normal in any form such as juice or granules