0 product(s) Rs. 0.00
Body Heat Or Pitta: How to reduce body heat in men & women.
- As part of your Pitta treatment avoid deep fried, sour, spicy, salty foods such as pickles, chilies and citrus foods. Instead eat foods that are cool, sweet, bitter, calming and astringent. Cucumber, steamed green vegetables, rice, beans, coconut are good examples of such foods.
- Drink a lot of cool water as it is highly recommended for pitta and body heat treatment.
- Basil seeds are very good at reducing body heat. Soak some Basil seeds in water for some time and then have it with cold milk or any natural drink. Basil seeds mixed in rose water is one of the best drinks to have in summer as it cools down your system immediately.
- Start practicing yoga every morning. Do almost all the abdominal twists along with moon salutation, bridge, triangle, and tree asanas. After this, practice the pranayam asanas. The breathing exercises of pranayam will make you very relaxed and cool. Finish off this sequence of yoga exercises with a peaceful meditation session. Regular meditation can make you very calm and gives you a lot of control over yourself.
- Tea made of coriander, fennel, cumin seeds and rose will help in improving digestion and relaxes the mind.
- Take up swimming, gardening, walking in a natural and calm environment. This will help calm the person when suffering from the condition.
- Wear bright pastel colored clothes that are made of lighter fabrics such as linen, silk and cotton. Avoid wearing fire colors such as red and yellow.
It is always a very good idea to get your doctor’s advice on your condition as his diagnosis of the condition would be more accurate.
- Two teaspoons of clarified butter in a glass of warm milk is a good remedy to treat aggravated body heat. But clarified butter should be avoided by people who have problems related to cholesterol.
- Vegetarian foods must be consumed because consuming red meat can increase heat of the body.
- To reduce body heat one must reduce intake of salt, hot spices, oil, fried foods, cheese, sour cream,vinegar, fermented foods,coffee etc.
- To reduce body heat consume more of starchy foods, grains and beans. Salads, milk and ice-cream can also help reduce body heat.
- Eat food when cool or warm and avoid hot,steaming foods.
- Body heat can be reduced by intake of some pacifying tea concoctions such as :Herbal tea, mint tea, fennel, coriander etc.
- A daily self massage with herbal oil (olive oil is also fine) can also eliminate problems associated with body heat.
Here are some tips for balancing Pitta:
- Keep cool. Avoid hot temperatures and food.
- Favor cool, heavy, dry foods and sweet, bitter and astringent tastes.
- Reduce pungent, sour, salty tastes and warm, oily and light foods.
- Moderation, don’t overwork.
- Allow for leisure time.
- Regular mealtimes, especially lunch at noon.
- Abhyanga (ayurvedic oil massage) with a cooling oil such as coconut.
- Dairy: Milk, butter and Clarified butter are good for pacifying Pitta. Reduce yogurt, cheese, sour cream and cultured buttermilk (their sour tastes aggravate Pitta).
- Sweeteners: All sweeteners are good except honey and molasses.
- Oils: Olive, sunflower and coconut oils are best. Reduce sesame, almond and corn oil, all of which increase Pitta.
- Fruits: Favor sweet fruits, such as grapes, cherries, melons, avocados, coconuts, pomegranates, mangos, and sweet, fully-ripened oranges, pineapples and plums. Reduce sour fruits such as grapefruits, olives, papayas, and unripe pineapples and plums.
- Vegetables: Favor asparagus, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, okra, lettuce, green beans and zucchini. Reduce hot peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, onions, garlic, radishes and spinach.
- Spices: Cinnamon, coriander, cardamom and fennel are all right. But the following spices strongly increase Pitta and should be taken only in small amounts: ginger, cumin, black pepper, fenugreek, clove, celery seed, salt and mustard seed. Chili peppers and cayenne should be avoided.
- Take 2 teaspoon of indian gooseberry juice with honey and lime juice with water in an empty stomach every morning.
- Drink pomegranate juice with 2 – 3 drops of almond oil, every morning.
- Try avoiding jaggery, meat, fish, coffee and papayas, as they are supposed to be hot foods.
- A mixture of milk, almonds wiith a pinch of turmeric powder is found to be effective (grind the almonds very finely to a paste with a pestle and mortar).