Tuberculosis is an infectious disease, usually caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Various other strains of mycobacteria are also responsible for the disease. Tuberculosis can affect any part of the body. Tuberculosis of the bone is called skeletal tuberculosis. As per a survey result published by The Journal of Bones & Joint Surgery, the spine was found to be the most common site of the skeletal tuberculosis. The bacteria causing skeletal tuberculosis were found to be Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis. Apart from the spine, tuberculosis may affect the knee, hip, shoulders, elbows, and foot bones.
Spinal tuberculosis or the Pott’s disease is considered to be the most dangerous because it involves bone deformity, paraplegia, and destruction of bones. The commonly affected regions are the thoracic spine and the lumbosacral spine. Spinal tuberculosis results in the loss of extracellular matrix of the vertebral bone and may lead to collapse of the vertebrae. The other general symptoms of the tuberculosis of the bone are pain and swelling in the joints, difficulty in movement, fever, weight loss and night sweats, etc. This particular disease can affect any age group.
Adequate intake of nutrient rich food is a very important in the treatment of tuberculosis of the bone. The patients suffering from this condition are generally treated with antibiotics. In some cases, chemotherapy may also be performed. The main goal of the treatment procedure is to alleviate the pain by eradicating the infection and to refurbish the function of bones and joints. Certain home remedies are also known to play a vital role in the cure of skeletal tuberculosis.
Some of the natural cures that may be helpful in tuberculosis of the bone are listed below:
- Get an adequate amount of sunlight daily. The sun’s rays are known to kill the harmful bacteria.
- Try to give your body and mind complete rest.
- Sleep in a well ventilated room.
- Take control of your diet.
The following diet plan may be helpful for the management of tuberculosis of the bone:
- Opt for a vegetarian diet course.
- Increase the intake of green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid white bread, refined cereals, fried and preserved foods.
- Avoid tea and coffee.
- Avoid the intake of carbonated drinks.
- Avoid pickles and sauces.
Always make sure that you get your condition diagnosed as early as possible, in case any of the symptoms arise. In addition, always consult a doctor and get proper medical treatment. Diet and home remedies may only be used as complementary to medical treatment.
answered by A S on Dec 2, 2013, 5:41:05
- Strictly follow a vegetarian course of diet
- Restrict non veg only to once a week
- Take juices of 5 green leafy vegetables every day.
- Take good proteins from soya ,pulses,sprouts etc.
- Avoid fried foods and grounded wheat breads totally.
- Stop all aerated drinks.
Remedies for Tuberculosis
Natural treatment can be extremely useful and effective for a variety of health conditions, but home remedies for tuberculosis can never suffice as treatment alone. There are no known natural cures for tuberculosis, and medical treatment with prescription drugs is absolutely essential to cure the disease and prevent a spread of the infection to others. This is not to say that natural remedies for tb have no use in treatment at all, but they should only be used as complimentary treatments, supporting conventional medicine.
The use of natural treatments may be directed towards relieving the symptoms, boosting immunity to facilitate the action of drugs, and also to counter any side effects from pharmaceutical treatment. Whether or not you are using any home remedies and have observed improvement in your condition, medications need to be taken exactly as prescribed. Do not attempt to skip or alter any drug dosages. This is the main cause of the emergence of multi drug resistant strains of the bacteria.
Here are some home remedies that you can use to support conventional treatment:
- Herbal remedies are quite popular and may help to hasten recovery. Herbal teas like green tea can help because of the high value in antioxidants and the immune strengthening effects associated with it.
- Garlic is another herb that is renowned for its antibacterial properties and immune stimulating effect, but you need to consult your health care provider before taking any garlic supplements. The risk of interactions with blood thinning medications in particular is considerable.
- Herbs like Astragalus and Rhodiola may also be helpful, but you should again consult with your doctor before attempting to use any herbal treatments, because of possible drug interactions.
- The use of aromatherapy with essential oils like eucalyptus and spearmint may also offer some relief from symptoms.
Diet for Tuberculosis
There is no specific diet in tuberculosis treatment, but here are some nutrition tips that could help minimize the risks and symptoms:
- Avoid any food allergens that could trigger symptoms like coughing.
- Eat a lot of vitamin B and iron rich foods like whole grains, and dark leafy vegetables.
- Include plenty of antioxidant rich foods like blueberries, tomatoes or bell peppers.
- Cut down on red meats and instead include more lean meats like sea food, poultry and beans or soy for protein.
- Avoid refined foods like bread and pasta and sugar rich foods.
- Avoid junk foods and fried foods or processed foods that are high in trans fatty acids, including baked products like cakes, cookies, donuts and more.
- Avoid caffeinated and alcoholic drinks or other stimulants.
- When cooking only use healthy oils like olive oil.
Suggestion for Tuberculosis
Preventive measures are extremely important because of the difficulties treating tuberculosis. Get tested regularly if you are at risk of an infection. Diagnosis and treatment of the condition prior to the development of an active infection can greatly help to contain the disease.
- Griffith D, Kerr C (1996). “Tuberculosis: disease of the past, disease of the present”. Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing 11 (4): 2405.
Natural Home Remedy for Tuberculosis Using Orange juice, Salt and Honey:
1. Take 1 glass of orange juice.
2. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add 1 tbsp honey.
4. Mix it well.
5. Drink this juice every day.
Curing Tuberculosis Naturally Using Indian Gooseberries and Honey:
Indian gooseberry is valued by quite a few herbalists in the fight against TB. Indian gooseberry is often referred to as Amla, and it provides energy and enhances the body’s healthy capacity for vigorous action.Prepare the mixture as given below:
1. Cut and de-seed 3 washed Indian gooseberries (Amla).
2. Crush them to paste.
3. Press this on a sieve.
4. Extract juice.
5. Add 1 tbsp honey to it.
6. Mix it well.
7. Drink this mixture every morning.
Natural Home Treatment for Tuberculosis using walnuts:
1. Remove shells of 2 walnuts.
2. Crush the walnuts to powder.
3. Take 2 tsp of this crushed powder.
4. Crush some garlic cloves.
5. Add 1 tsp garlic paste to the walnut powder.
6. Add 1 tsp clarified butter.
7. Mix it well.
8. Eat it once every day.
Milk to Cure Tuberculosis:
Milk boosts the immune system by providing calcium and thus the finest remedy for tuberculosis that a person can try making use of if they have tuberculosis in their bones. Calcium could be one of the chief things that a body really needs in the treatment of bone tuberculosis. It is possible for you to start it slowly, and by raising it, towards the end you are able to reach as much as four to five litres daily.
Natural Home Treatment For Tuberculosis Using Pineapple Juice:
The juice of a pineapple is the first food that is very much a powerful aid in the fight against tuberculosis. It dissolves mucus and consequently gives quick effects of recovery to individuals.
Natural Home Remedy Using Bananas:
Bananas are commonly found by many to be a valuable aid for those with tuberculosis.
Custard Apple For the Natural Treatment of Tuberculosis:
Custard apple is generally accepted as a most advantageous treatment for tuberculosis. It revitalizes the human body. This really is quite a relief giving fruit. Typically people will use the pulp and the seedless raisins of this fruit to help them.
Herbs for Treatment of Tuberculosis:
Garlic for Curing Tuberculosis:
Garlic is like natural miraculous herb having antibacterial properties and increases the immune system. Garlic could be eaten raw or cooked, but this might cause acid reflux, human body odour, and bad breath.
Nevertheless, capsules or powders will also be accessible and could help prevent these effects. But, for some people this herb might raise the possibility of bleeding and thin the blood. Avoid taking it if you have surgery coming up.
Mint for Tuberculosis:
Mint juice is found to be very beneficial for treating tuberculosis.Prepare the juice as given below:
• Take two teaspoonfuls of honey.
• Take one teaspoonful of mint juice.
• Take two teaspoonfuls of pure malt vinegar.
• Take 12-5 ml of carrot juice.
• Combine all above the ingredients.
• The dose should be used 3 times each day.This perhaps not only dissolves the mucus, but in addition gives nutrition to lungs, vitality to human anatomy to fight against disease, as well as prevents dangerous effects of the drugs taken for tuberculosis.
Curing Tuberculosis Naturally Using Drumstick:
Drumstick leaves soup is recognized as a substantially advantageous aid when it comes to tuberculosis. Furthermore, this soup should be had daily in the morning when one’s belly is empty.
Green Tea Leaves for Curing Tuberculosis:
Green tea is produced from the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant.
It is generally brewed in three ways
• With warm water.
• Taken as a tea.
• Additionally, it may be used in capsules for those who prefer it.Green tea extract might not be appropriate for everybody, though. Ask your primary care physician before using green tea extract to take care of tuberculosis