• Cracked heel is the result of neglect and lack of moisturizing of the heels
• The heels develop deep cuts which may become painful
Symptoms to look for:
• Red or flaky patches on the heels are the first signs
• Cracks on skin which may bleed
• Feet expand sideways due to excessive pressure. Cracks may develop due to:
o Dry skin
o Zinc and omega-3 fatty acid deficiency
Natural home remedy using bananas:
1. Crush ripe bananas to make paste
2. Apply this paste on the cracks
3. Leave it for 10 min
4. Wash off with water
5. Do this every day
Natural home remedy using margosa leaves and turmeric powder:
1. Crush a handful of margosa leaves to make paste
2. Add 3 tsp turmeric powder
3. Mix well
4. Apply the paste on cracks
5. Leave it for 30 min
6. Wash off with water
7. Dry with a soft cloth
8. Do this twice everyday
Natural home remedy using lemon:
1. Cut a lemon into half
2. Rub the lemon on your feet
3. Squeeze the lemon and apply the juice while rubbing
4. Continue rubbing for 5 min
5. Lightly scrub feet with a loofah or soft brush
6. Wash feet with water
7. Lemon juice is mildly acidic and helps remove dead skin cells.
• Avoid wearing sandals with open backs as these facilitate sideways
expansion of feet causing cracks
• Do not stand barefoot in damp areas for long time as this can make the skin dry
BNS Foot Care Cream
Heal cracked heels, naturally
What it does:
Foot Care Cream cares for your cracked heels and rough feet with natural ingredients. Enriched with the goodness of Honey, Turmeric, Fenugreek seeds and Sal Tree extract, this cream leaves your feet feeling soft,in just 72 hours!
Sal Tree extract is used as an ingredient in ointments for skin diseases and in ear medicines. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties help heal cracked heels.
Honey, with its bactericidal and antiseptic properties, is extremely important in Ayurveda. Used in a variety of medicines, honey is also an effective moisturizing agent.
Turmeric has been used as an antiseptic for centuries. The herb also contains strong anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe your feet gently.
Fenugreek has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicines and is an excellent moisturizer, specially formulated to hydrate dry skin. Applied externally, the herb is also beneficial for boils, abscesses and ulcers.
Ginger is used externally as a local circulatory stimulant which keeps the feet warm, preventing the skin from cracking due to the cold.
Directions for use:
Wash feet with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply the required quantity of FootCare Cream over the affected area twice daily, once in the morning after bathing and again at bedtime.