DARK GENITAL AREA
The appearance of darkened skin in the area of the vagina is usually due to the presence of veins beneath the skin. Also, with age, the fatty tissues of the pubic area start thinning and as such the veins under the skin are more visible and make the skin above them appear dark. If the darkened skin is not accompanied by other symptoms such as pain or itching, then there is no cause for concern. In some cases, dark patches in the area of the vagina could be indicative of insulin spillover. This generally occurs in individuals who are obese. If the production of insulin in the body is excessive, there is a spillover onto the skin. Thiscauses the skin to appear dark as the insulin stimulates the melanocytes to produce melanin. This is known as a condition called acanthosis nigricans. It results in hyper pigmentation of the skin in patches in the areas of the neck, arms and groin.
Acanthosis nigricans is also caused by insulin resistance which occurs in type 2 diabetes. These pigmented patches of skin in the vaginal area can also result from the use of certain medications. The condition may also be a result of genetic vulnerability. Darkening of the skin sometimes occurs due to thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Tight undergarments could also be responsible for blackening of the skin in the pubic area as it causes irritation and abrasion of the skin. Constant friction of the skin can aggravate hyper pigmentation in the area. Synthetic fibers also tend to irritate the delicate skin in the groin area and lead to patches of pigmented skin.
You could prevent further darkening of the skin by wearing undergarments that are comfortable and made of cotton. Avoid wearing tight jeans and pants as this will constrict the area and cause friction. Rubbing the pigmented area with a slice of lemon will help to reduce the discoloration as lemon works as a natural bleaching agent. You could also apply a paste of baking soda and water to the darkened areas of skin. Papaya is also known to have a bleaching effect. You can take a piece of papaya and rub it over the affected area. A paste of lime juice and turmeric powder also works well in lightening the skin. Another effective remedy is to prepare a mixture of honey, milk powder, almond oil and lemon juice and apply to the pigmented areas. Grated potato also serves as a beneficial remedy for lightening dark patches on the skin.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Pubic Area
The following home remedies and skin care therapies are effective in lightening the pubic area significantly:
- First and foremost, wear loose cotton clothes and cotton undergarments that absorb perspiration easily. Avoid synthetic materials and skin tight clothes.
- Avoid too much shaving of hair and use of lotions that contain harsh chemicals; they cause the pubic area to turn dark over a period of time.
- Lemon juice is natural bleach. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime and massage in the pubic area; over a period of 1 to 2 months, it will turn light.
- Yogurt is another effective home remedy. Massage the yogurt in to the pubic area and leave for 10 minutes and wash off thoroughly. Follow this daily for about one month.
- Experts recommend sandalwood and rose water as well. Mix 1 spoon of sandalwood powder with 10 drops of rose water. Apply over the pubic area after bath and leave on for half an hour and rinse.
- Almond oil and honey is another frequently used home remedy to lighten dark patches of skin. Blend together 5 drops of almond oil with 5 drops of honey. Massage in to the dark pubic area. Wash off after 20 to 30 minutes.
- Exfoliating the skin is important as well. It helps get rid of dead cell build up and scarring effectively. Exfoliate twice a week and follow this up with the following blend – Aloe Vera gel, lime, and vitamin E oil. Aloe Vera is soothing, lime bleaches and vitamin E moisturizes and nourishes the skin. You can preserve this mixture in the fridge. Use this blend daily for 15 days; it will yield brilliant results.