0 product(s) Rs. 0.00
Home Remedies For Severe Dry Scalp
- Dehydration is one of the main causes for dry scalp. Drink plenty of water to rehydrate the body. Start the day with a liter of water. Fruit juice is also an excellent way to replenish the body water levels, but avoid carbonated drinks.
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, until it is warm. Massage your scalp and hair, with the oil and then wrap a towel, soaked and squeezed in hot water, for thirty minutes. Wash the hair.
- Squeeze two lemons in a bowl, and use the juice to massage your scalp. After ten minutes, wash it off. You can also add warm water to the lemon juice, and apply it to the scalp, after shampooing.
- Prepare a solution by mixing 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup of water. Apply the solution on the scalp and leave for two minutes, then rinse. Use regularly to have a permanent effect.
- Add little bit of sodium thiosulphate, tea tree oil and lavender oil, to your regular shampoo and, use it. Make sure your shampoo is any of the non-fragranced variety. Tea tree oil mixed with aloe vera oil is also good for the scalp.
- Applying coconut oil in the hair regularly is a good remedy to cure dry scalp.
- Break an egg into a bowl of yogurt and whisk it. Apply it to the scalp and hair, and leave for 15 minutes. Wash your hair thoroughly. Using yogurt alone, on the scalp, also acts as a very good conditioner.
- Take 12 tablespoons of oatmeal in 6 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and then simmer for an hour. Strain the oatmeal and add rosemary oil to the water. Apply it to the scalp.
- Intake of vitamin C provides nutrition to the scalp. Have fruits that are rich in vitamin C.
- Massage your head regularly with either a comb or your fingers. It increases the circulation. It is good to massage the hair and scalp, with lemon juice, lavender oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, or, aloe vera oil. These oils are very good moisturizers. Regular massage and moisturizing will always have beneficial effects.