For generation, people are not only using garlic because of its medicinal value, but traditionally, people have rubbed their bodies with it, buried it besides their bodies in coffin, worn it around their necks, draped it on household walls and even prayed to it. This great bulb has a lot of benefits, because no other plant has been held out for so long as a cure for so many human ailments. That’s why garlic has been considered as the “Wonder Drug”. Garlic has been used medicinally for many years for treating bites, tumors, ulcers, snakebite, wounds, headaches, heart diseases, cancer, pimples, measles and many more. It also prevents infections such as the common cold, cough because of its Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal and Anti-viral property.
As this proverb is very common that
“An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”.
In the same manner,
“A single bulb of garlic a day, keep diseases away”.
In general, it exhibits antioxidant activity, which is good for your skin. It also contains flavonoids, which is good for heart and body.
Garlic contains a range of compounds including “Allicin”, which is a pungent oily liquid that gives crushed garlic cloves their characteristic smell, and has been shown to be the antibacterial agent due to its active sulphur. Raw garlic is very smelly, so in order to reduce it smell, you can simply add it to your gravy, salad dressings, to soup, yummy pizza or just garnish it before serving or have it in your own style.
BENEFITS OF GARLIC:
- Garlic is just magnificent and phenomenal. I am providing few of the basics known and reliable home remedies for some specific ailments, which you could try at your home .
- If you have cold and flu, then take small amount of garlic every day until the infection disappears. Garlic tends to reduce the frequency of colds and flu without any side effects. A suggested dose would be two or three cloves of raw or cooked garlic a day.
- We all face horrid acne, blemishes, blackheads during our teens. If you want to reduce it, or if you just want to glow up your skin, then take two cloves of raw garlic regularly with warm water early in the morning. It works as a blood cleanser and clean your system internally. Do not eat chocolates, spicy or oily food during this treatment and rinse your face five times a day with cold water. Drinks lots of water daily to flush off toxic waste from the blood and urinate whenever you feel that your bladder is full .Else, apply a cut clove gently on the affected area only if you have no sensitivity to it.
- If you have High Cholesterol Level, use garlic in your food. This is the better way for heart patients to reduce their cholesterol level. Modern medical science suggests one reason that garlic might reduce cholesterol , i.e. “Garlic is a proven anti-oxidant”. This property might help to prevent LDL (Low Density Lipo Protein) from being oxidized. In this way the cholesterol build-up that clogs the arteries could perhaps be reduced by garlic.
- If you are very fat and want to loose weight, squeeze half lemon juice in one glass of luke warm water and drink it with two cloves of raw garlic regularly twice a day (morning and evening), for about three months. Avoid using starchy foods and fats. Do exercise regularly. You’ll amazingly fell a great change in your body.
- If you have Wrinkles, and you want to use anti ageing cream, it would be better to use 3 cloves of garlic regularly as it has a powerful antioxidant effect, which help to protect the body against damaging “Free Radicals”. Remember, out skin is made up of collagen and it looses elasticity on yearly basis. Therefore, use garlic and do exercise regularly for the positive results.
- If you have Earache, put two or three drops of warm garlic oil in the ears.
- Take garlic to boosts the weight of babies in the womb. Thus, when they are born, they are heavier than they would have been if you hadn’t taken garlic. Some babies are born too small, so garlic is a definite boon in these cases too.
- Use two raw garlic daily to reduce the risk of cancer, due to its Anti-Carcinogenic properties. It helps prevent cancerous compounds from forming and developing into tumors. It also inhibits the growth of tumors.
- If any insect bites you at the seaside, you just crush the garlic and apply it to the affected area to reduce pain and to remove poison.
HOW TO TAKE GARLIC:
Crush two or three small cloves of raw garlic and eat it raw or boiled, before going to sleep. You can have it with a glass of milk or with water. Please do not take more than two or three raw cloves of garlic per day as it might makes your blood thinner and might cause serious ailments.
Do not consume more than three to four raw cloves of garlic a day.
Patients having heart and other problems should take medical advice before consuming it.
It’s best to avoid garlic before any surgery because it could probably disturb Anticoagulants.
If you are on any medication, always check with your doctor first before taking raw garlic.
Asthma patients should not use it as it worsens the symptoms of Asthma.
If you have sensitive skin, I recommend not using physically on the affected area. Raw garlic can burn delicate skin! Do not use directly on skin if your skin is sensitive or susceptible to rashes or other skin reactions without consulting your doctor first. People who are or may be allergic to garlic or any of its sulfur compounds shouldn’t try direct garlic application on skin too.
Although, garlic is a natural Anti-biotic but a very small number of people have been known to exhibit Hypersensitivity to garlic. Garlic allergy includes skin rash, temperature and headaches. Garlic intolerance could result in Heartburn or Flatulence.
POINTS TO BE NOTED:
It’s important to remember that the effect of garlic on cold and flu comes from Allicin and this can be obtained from crushed, raw garlic and is destroyed by over cooking.
Garlic cloves cooked whole have very little medicinal value.
Garlic with strong smell has more Sulphur in it, which is good enough for medicinal purpose.
FEW FACTS ABOUT GARLIC :
- Garlic helps to boost up our Metabolism rate. Thus help us to reduce our weight easily.
- Garlic helps reduce Atherosclerotic buildup (Plaque) within the arterial system.
- Garlic lowers or helps to regulate Blood Sugar.
- Garlic helps to prevent blood clots from forming, thus reducing the possibility of Strokes.
- Garlic helps to prevent Cancer, especially of the digestive system, prevent certain tumors from growing larger and reduces the size of certain tumors.
- Garlic helps to remove heavy metals such as lead and mercury from the body.
- Raw garlic is a proven natural antibiotic and, while far less strong than modern antibiotics, can still kill some strains of bacteria that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics.
- Garlic dramatically reduces yeast infections in body parts.
- It helps to make our immune system stronger against cancer, ulcers, hemorrhoids etc
|Garlic, a bulbous plant of the lily family, has been used since the days
of the ancient Egyptians as a treatment for wounds, infections, tumors
and intestinal parasites. Many of its healing properties are attributed
to the sulfur-containing compounds that also cause its pungent aroma.
These compounds lower cholesterol production in the liver by stimulating
release of bile from the gall bladder, are effective in lowering blood
pressure, inhibit growth of parasites in the intestines, and are potent
antioxidants. Garlic stimulates the immune system by increasing the
activity of immune cells and T-helper cells. It has long been recognized
as a strong antiseptic that may be applied to external wounds, and is
effective as a treatment for asthma, coughs, and other lung disorders.
There are some studies showing that large amounts of garlic in the diet
lower the risk for certain types of cancer, but more research needs to be
done in this area.
Garlic is well known as a natural health remedy that has long been used to treat various ailments. It is extremely easy to source in most countries and can be consumed cooked or fresh. It is most easily included in your food or can be eaten on its own. You don’t need to limit yourself to fresh garlic either. Garlic powder or dried garlic flakes are just as effective and super easy to keep in the cupboard for everyday use.
It is recommended that adults consume no more than one clove two or three times a day and that children have one quarter to one half a clove, once or twice a day.
As you will see from the list below, as well as being a tasty addition to almost every cooked dish, garlic has some amazing abilities to help in our everyday lives. When used for medicinal purposes, garlic can help to treat a wide variety of ailments as well as making your dinner taste amazing.
If you’re keen to find out how garlic can be used to assist in your health, sit back and read our 10 amazing health benefits of garlic!
1. Garlic has been found to assist babies to gain weight while they are in the womb. Next time you have a baby prepare to have garlic breath. Except if you have a history of large babies in which case maybe you want to skip the extra doses?
2. Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, coughs and congestion. In the winter months garlic is a great food to boost your immune system and ward off colds and flu. An old folk remedy is to eat a clove of garlic that has been dipped in honey at the first sign of a cold. Why not try it and see if it works for you?
3. Garlic contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions. Treatment with garlic has been shown to greatly improve this condition.
4. Scurvy is treated by vitamin C and garlic contains good levels of vitamin C too.
5. Popular folklore says that garlic is good for more than scaring hungry vampires away! Impotency has long been thought to benefit from doses of garlic, and treatment continues in many communities to this day. Why not try treating yourself with garlic for several months before you head off to the doctor for that Viagra prescription?
6. Cardiovascular disease can be reduced by ingesting garlic. LDL cholesterol is no friend of garlic and the aortic plaque deposits that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic too. Studies have shown the amazing benefits of taking garlic in relation to heart disease.
7. Fungal and bacterial vaginal infections are toast when treated with garlic! When crushed or bruised, garlic releases Allicin which is a sulphuric compound that is a natural antibiotic. WWI soldiers even apparently used crushed garlic on infected wounds suffered in battle. If you decide to take garlic in tablet form be sure to use powdered capsules. The processes used to create garlic tablets destroy the Allicin that is present.
8. Garlic is a great source of vitamin B6 which is needed for a healthy immune system and the efficient growth of new cells. Vitamin B6 can also assist with mood swings and improve your cheery disposition!
9. Garlic can aid in the prevention of multiple types of cancer. Bladder cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and stomach cancer have all been shown to have their tumors reduced when treated with garlic. Vitamin B6 is said to have cancer fighting abilities.
10. Garlic regulates blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood. This may assist in the control of diabetes. Seek medical advice if you believe the use of garlic could help your condition.