1. Home remedy to prevent or control greying of hair.
2. Home remedy for hvng muscular pain from below neck till right hand.
3. Home remedy for black spots in upper portion of feet. did bleach also to remove dis but no affect.
4. Home remedy for pain uper side of hips due to which cant sit properly.
5. Home remedy for cold with fever in children.
6. Home remedy for smell.
7. Home remedy for sleepless night.
8. Home remedy for cough n cold.
9. Home remedy for hoarseness of voice.
10. Home remedy for weight loss.
11. Home remedy for vit d3 b12 defeciency.
12. Home remedy for pimples.
13. Home remedy for spondylitis.
14. Home remedy for irregular periods.
15. Home remedy for severe cough n cold due to climate change.
16. Home remedy for Running nose in infants.
17. Home remedy for continues knee pain.
18. Home remedy for insomnia.
19. Home remedy for sinus.
20. Home remedy for weak eye sight.
21. Home remedy for Anal Fissure.
22. Home remedy for uric acid.
23. Home remedies for thyroid.
24. Home remedy for insufficient menses.
25. Home remedy for hormonal imbalance.
26. Home remedy for hemoglobin be naturally treated in infants.
27. Home for Frozen shoulder.
28. Home remedies to reduce pain.
29. Home remedy for high blood pressure.
30. Home remedies to reduce swelling.
31. Home remedy for cramps in legs.
32. Home remedy for back pain.
33. Home remedy for sneezing especially mornings and evenings..and after bath.
34. Home remedy for cholestrol.
35. Home remedy for oily skin.
36. Home remedy for strech marks after delivery.
37. Home remedy for cervical spondylosis.
38. Home remedy for body heatness, advice to keep body cool.
39. Home remedy to gain weight.
40. Home remedy for getting rid of eating tobacco in regular intervals.
41. Home remedy for tinia cures.
42. Home remedy for migrain.
43. Home remedy for cracking sounds from knees.
44. Home remedy for perspiration due to which feel exhausted.
45. Home remedy for hair fall.
46. Home remedy for boils.
47. Home remedy for softening of toe nails.
48. Home remedy for neck pain due to which shoulder n arms also pain.
49. Home Remedies for skinwhitening. And glow.
50. Home remedy for skin getting dry and peeling at various spots like shin area, foot, in between fingers, palm Its burns and lot of itching sensation.
51. Home remedy for mouth odour.
52. Home remedy for Allergirhinitis.
53. Home remedy for Severe vaginal infection.
54. Home remedy for ashtama.
55. Home remedies for dry lips.
56. Home remedies for neuritis.
57. Home remedy for Sweating.
58. Home remedy for cough in infants (4months baby).
59. Home remedy for Hyper Thyroid.
6o. Home remedy for pain in joints specially wen it is cloudy.
61 Home remedy for thumb and finger shivering.
62. Home remedy for throat infection.
63. Home remedy for increase in IQ level.
64. Home remedy for red patches on leg, medication not effective,very itchy n painfull.
65. After miscarriage care.
66. Home remedy for wart.
67. Home remedy for white head.
68. Home remedy for flu.
69. Home remedy for polysytic ovaries.
70. Home remedy for acidity.
71. Home remedy for gas.
72. Home remedy for crack heels.
73. Home remedy for arthritis of hand.
74. Home Remedy for Bell Pelsey (Muscular Paralaysis) also How to avoid in future (safety precautions).
75. Home remedy for pregancy headache.
76. Home remedy for allergic to dust and pollution due to which there is irritation and scratching. The Area around eyes have become very dry and dark..due to scratching d eyes get red and the area around eyes gets swollen.
77. Home remedy to increase kids appetite.
78. Home remedy to gain weight for kids.
79. Home remedy for complaint of severe leg pains below the knee of a child.
80. Home remedy for thread worm in child.
81. Home remedy for severe constipation.
85. Home remedy for tonsils.
86. Home remedy for reducing fats on thorat.
87. Home remedy for stye.
88. Home remedy for excessive bleeding.
• Lack of nutrition to the scalp due to improper diet
• Massage scalp regularly with warm mustard or coconut oil to prevent premature greying
6. Apply this oil when lukewarm on the affected area
5. HOME REMEDIES FOR COLD AND FEVER IN CHILDREN1. Turmeric & Honey: The kids love honey and it actually has healing and soothing properties so mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder which also has antispetic properties and can fight the infection in the throat well. Ask your kids to eat small doses of this with a spoon.2. Tulsi & Ginger with Honey: While Tulsi is not exactly basil and I am not sure if you get Tulsi as easily in any other country but India but its got excellent medicinal properties. Wiki calls it the Holy Basil. Again very good for fighting infections. Mix it in a grinder with some ginger and serve the paste with honey. Go easy on the ginger as it can be spicy for the children. The daughter didn’t take too well to this one so I added like 3 drops of the paste and 3/4 of honey on top. She couldn’t see the green paste.
3. Ajwain(Carom Seeds/Thymol seeds/Thyme leaves): If you can try and get your kids use to the taste of this one then there is nothing that has better medicinal properties than these tiny seeds.
Here are a few of them
- Beneficial for a sore throat.
- Provides relief from bronchitis as well as asthma.
- Helps get rid of indigestion.
- Enhances appetite.
- One can massage one’s legs as well as knees with ajwain oil.
- Manage vomiting.
- Useful as a laxative.
- Useful for abdominal pain.
Here is what you can do with it:
- Add it to pan of boiling water and place a siever on top of the pan. Place a napkin on top of the siever and try placing the hot towel on the chest. Please check for the right temperature for your kids. The steam helps open up the congestion. Alternate between 2 napkins and this one is sure to get you some relief. Please make sure the room is well insulated and all windows, doors are shut and fans turned off.
- Ajwain in her milk or wheat & jaggery drink.
- Put ajwain in a small napkin and warm that over a pan. Place that on the childs chest to relive congestion. Please Please check for the right temperature before placing the napkin on the childs chest
4. Garlic, Onion & ajwain paste: Make a paste out of Garlic, Ajwain & Onion and warm it on the gas when it is lukewarm apply it on the chest, back & forehead & rest. If your kids dont let you do it while they are awake do it while they are asleep
5. Turmeric & salt warm water gargle: This one is easy and as Indians we must get our kids to like this one spice which is so therapeutic. And this one literally is. Do the warm water gargle and if the kids havent mastered the art to do it yet then just help them drink it.
6. Loss of Smell Home Remedy
Because loss of smell arises from several causes, its treatment would involve the cure of the triggering factors. The following are simple procedures which can be done at home:
Cure the cold – When the nasal passages have been blocked due to colds, rest and enough sleep is the best remedy. It also helps to engage in simple exercises and warm bath.
Doing these would widen the nasal passages.
Certain vitamin supplements – Vitamin E supplements and those that have beta-carotene are effective in treating upper respiratory conditions which causes loss of smell.
Treating the sinus – Recurrent sinus infection can clog the nasal tract. Thus, decongestants and antibacterial drugs can be taken to remedy the problem.
Removal of the nasal polyp – If the cause is due to polyp growth in the nasal cavity these can be melted with the use of medication. However, bigger ones should be removed surgically.
Mask – The sense of smell can be greatly damaged by pollution and dust. It is then beneficial to wear mask when exposed to these.
Loss of Smell Natural Treatment
These are natural remedies for loss of smell:
Garlic Soup: This can be easily done by chopping three cloves of garlic and mixing it with a cup of water. Boil the mixture and drink it. The garlic serves as a natural antibacterial agent and helps in alleviating congestion by opening up the nasal airways.
Lemon Juice: Because lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C, it helps in increasing the body’s resistance to diseases and gives natural treatment for colds. This can be taken with honey and warm water two times a day.
Wheatgrass is a rich source of beta carotene, vitamins B 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 12, vitamins C and K, choline, calcium, folic acid, copper, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and amino acids. Wheatgrass is also one of the richest sources of chlorophyll found in nature.
The powerful nutritional blueprint of wheatgrass provides several different health benefits. Wheatgrass can alkalize your body, according to Balance-PH-Diet.com. This will help avoid all of the negative effects of high acid levels in the body. Wheatgrass can help prevent anemia and cleanse the body internally by breaking up mucus. Wheatgrass is high in antioxidants that combat free radicals in the body, and also has antibacterial properties that can alleviate athlete’s foot — simply soak feet in fresh wheatgrass juice for 10 to 15 minutes.
Wheatgrass is low in calories and has no fat, sugar or cholesterol. Wheatgrass is a nutritionally powerful food that meets all of your body’s nutritional requirements. This will help to reduce cravings, because your body has all of the nutrients it needs, resulting in lower caloric intake. One ounce of wheatgrass juice is equal to 2 lbs. of produce nutritionally,
Benefits of Wheatgrass
Some of the superior qualities of wheatgrass and the juice that can be extracted from its blades include the following:
- Increases red blood-cell count and lowers blood pressure. It cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract of debris. Wheatgrass also stimulates metabolism and the body’s enzyme systems by enriching the blood. It also aids in reducing blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways throughout the body.
- Stimulates the thyroid gland, correcting obesity, indigestion, and a host of other complaints.
- Restores alkalinity to the blood. The juice’s abundance of alkaline minerals helps reduce over-acidity in the blood. It can be used to relieve many internal pains, and has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Is a powerful detoxifier, and liver and blood protector. The enzymes and amino acids found in wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver and bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.
- Fights tumors and neutralizes toxins. Recent studies show that wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs that also inhibit cell-destroying agents. The many active compounds found in grass juice cleanse the blood and neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.
- Contains beneficial enzymes. Whether you have a cut finger you want to heal or you desire to lose five pounds…enzymes must do the actual work. The life and abilities of the enzymes found naturally in our bodies can be extended if we help them from the outside by adding exogenous enzymes, like the ones found in wheatgrass juice. Don’t cook it. We can only get the benefits of the many enzymes found in grass by eating it uncooked. Cooking destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in food.
- Has remarkable similarity to our own blood. The second important nutritional aspect of chlorophyll is its remarkable similarity to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara, president of the Hagiwara Institute of Health in Japan, is a leading advocate for the use of grass as food and medicine. He reasons that since chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and fat particles are absorbed directly into the blood via the lymphatic system, that chlorophyll can also be absorbed in this way. In other words, when the “blood” of plants is absorbed in humans it is transformed into human blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.
- When used as a rectal implant, reverses damage from inside the lower bowel. An implant is a small amount of juice held in the lower bowel for about 20 minutes. In the case of illness, wheatgrass implants stimulate a rapid cleansing of the lower bowel and draw out accumulations of debris.
- Externally applied to the skin can help eliminate itching almost immediately.
- Will soothe sunburned skin and act as a disinfectant. Rubbed into the scalp before a shampoo, it will help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy, scaly, scalp conditions.
- Is soothing and healing for cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete’s foot, insect bites, boils, sores, open ulcers, tumors, and so on. Use as a poultice and replace every two to four hours.
- Works as a sleep aide. Merely place a tray of living wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help you sleep more soundly.
- Enhances your bath. Add some to your bath water and settle in for a nice, long soak.
- Sweetens the breath and firms up and tightens gums. Just gargle with the juice.
- Neutralizes toxic substances like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury, and polyvinyl chloride.
- Offers the benefits of a liquid oxygen transfusion since the juice contains liquid oxygen. Oxygen is vital to many body processes: it stimulates digestion (the oxidation of food), promotes clearer thinking (the brain utilizes 25% of the body’s oxygen supply), and protects the blood against anaerobic bacteria. Cancer cells cannot exist in the presence of oxygen.
Vitamin D From Sunlight
The best natural remedy for vitamin D deficiency is sun exposure. The skin produces vitamin D-3 when UV-B radiation from the sun stimulates a cholesterol-based compound called 7-dehydrocholesterol. The sun’s UV index must be greater than three for this chemical reaction to occur within the skin. Some regions of the world do not receive consistently high levels of UV-B radiation, which is a major contributing factor in vitamin D deficiency. Symptoms of deficiency begin with reduced immune function and can progress to bone malformations such as rickets, a childhood disease characterized by “soft bones” leading to bowed legs.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends between 200 and 600 IU per day of vitamin D, depending on age. Not much sun exposure is needed to reach these levels; a naked, light-skinned person can produce up to 20,000 IU of vitamin D-3 in about 30 minutes under midday summer sunshine. Darker-skinned people produce much less vitamin D, as do people who wear sunscreen.
Vitamin B12, also known as Cobalamin or Cyanocobalamin, helps in formation of red blood cell and regulating the functions of nervous system. If the body has a shortage of this vitamin, it leads to pernicious anemia. B12 can only be found as eggs, milk, fish, meat, and liver.
It’s about what you eat
Mumbai-based nutritionist Pooja Singhania says the deficiency is marked by gradual but distinctive symptoms, and is born out of dietary habits. Non-vegetarian food (meat, eggs, fish), milk and dairy products are the only dietary sources of B12 for humans. Vegetarians are at a higher risk, say experts. Although milk and milk products are available to them to meet their B12 requirements, they don’t consume enough. Dr Naik suggests vegetarians consume four glasses of milk a day in the following ways: Drink one glass of milk, have a bowl of yoghurt along with lunch, down a glass of buttermilk around evening, and drink another glass of milk before bedtime.
13. Home remedies for spondylitis
Spondylitis, a form of spondylopathy, is caused by the inflammation of the vertebra and is a common cause of neck and back pain. Spondylitis develops gradually and unobtrusively, with the patient only becoming aware of the condition once it has matured. The pain, at times excruciating, is usually the first indication the patient has that something is amiss. This pain is usually concentrated around the neck, shoulder and lower back and radiates outwards along the limbs.
The three types of spondylitis are categorized according to the region of the body that is affected. Cervical spondylitis affects the cervical spine causing the pain to radiate outwards along the back of the neck, shoulders, spine and arms. Lumbar spondylitis affects the lumbar region while ankylosing spondylitis affects the sacroiliac joints.
Boil some dried ginger in small quantity of water to prepare a decoction. Add some pure castor oil in it. Take two tablespoon of this infusion before going to the bed.
- Keep away from cold.
- Avoid sour foods like tamarind, curd etc.
- Avoid refined flour. Eating wheat flour with husk is very beneficial.
- Do yoga exercises as they are most effective in cervical spondylitis.
- Take care of your posture while sitting or writing.
- Massage the back of the neck with warm sesame oil twice a day.
- Drink one teaspoon of turmeric (haldi) mixed with 1 cup of warm milk at bed time.
- Apply a hot fomentation on the neck with the help of salt poultice.
- Boil some mustard oil with dried ginger for fifteen minutes. Massage it on the back of the neck.
- Neem is a very useful herb for cervical spondylitis. Take some leaves of neem and pestle them in mortar to get a fine paste. Take this paste internally, early in the morning.
- Take a clove of garlic on an empty stomach, daily.
- Take a cup of water and add garlic, ginger, black pepper and tulsi leaves in it.
- Boil the water and keep simmering on flame till the quantity is reduced to one fourth of the original quantity.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey to this reduced quantity.
- Drink it every morning and at night to get relief from cold
- In the case of acute cold, boil 1 tsp pepper powder in a cup of milk along with a pinch of turmeric (Haldi) and have it once a day for 3 days.
- A tablespoon of carom seeds (Ajwain) crushed and tied up in a muslin cloth can be used for inhalation to relieve congestion/blocked nose.
- Boil 2 tsp aniseed (Saunf) in 1 cup of water till it is reduced to half. Take 1 tsp twice a day.
————————————————————————————————————–16. 16.Home remedies for running nose in children.
1. Garlic Necklace: Among the home remedies for running nose in children, the use of a garlic necklace may be advisable. A garlic necklace can be placed over the child’s neck while he or she is sleeping. During the night, the odor of the garlic will gradually waft into the nose and this helps with cold like symptoms and can reduce inflammations in the nasal cavity.
2. Medicated Rub: The use of a medicated rub on the chest and nose of the child is also popular among home remedies for running nose in children.
3. Saline sprays or rinses: Saline sprays or rinses are another option for alleviating the irritation that accompanies a runny nose. Saline nasal sprays are available over the counter and help thin the mucus, making it easier and more comfortable to expel. Saline sprays also help rid the nasal passages of irritants. You can also make your own saline solution by dissolving one-fourth of a teaspoon of salt in 2 cups of warm water. Using a rubber suction bulb, place a few drops in each nostril.
4. Humidifier: Consider using a humidifier if the air inside your home is dry as dry air also thickens mucus.
5. Lemon juice: Citric acid present in lemon is a very effective element in curing runny nose. The vitamin C-rich lemon juice improves the body’s immunity and reduces the level of toxic substances in the body. This in a way reduces the period of suffering and further enables recovery. A glass of warm water with two table spoons of lemon juice is one of the most effective cures for runny nose and sneezing. To make the solution more palatable 1 teaspoon of honey can also be added. This solution can be taken one to two times on a day and should be repeated till the symptom of runny nose persists. Also this helps in curing the running nose fast.
Following are few tips that can help in restricting running nose symptoms:
- Boil water. Add some vaporizer or carom seeds in it. Carefully make your child breathe over a container of boiling water to clear her nasal passage and separate the mucus. Take care to keep safe distance and protect her hands and legs from getting burnt.
- Limit the consumption of dairy products as they are more mucus forming. But don’t completely eliminate it from the diet. Consumption of fluids should be increased in the form of boiled water, vegetable soups or broths.
- Always have these hot and keep the temperature of the preparations you make high, as this is the key to fighting off a cold and a runny nose. Avoid any kind of cold liquid intake. Avoid spicy, oily or fried, carbonated beverages and sodas as far as possible.
- Passive smoke inhalation will worsen the infection, so avoid smoking around him as far as possible.
If your child’s runny nose lasts more than two weeks, there’s a good chance it’s caused by an allergic condition. An obvious clue is if he constantly rubs the tip of his nose with his palm in an upward fashion- what some doctors refer to as the allergic salute. Other signs include intense sneezing, burning, itchy and watery eyes, and bluish circles under the eyes (known as allergic shiners).
Another possible cause of runny nose in children under two is an allergy to a food such as cow’s milk. Five percent of all babies have cow’s milk sensitivity, which can cause nasal allergy, asthma, colic, vomiting, diarrhea and skin rashes. When milk is removed from their diets and a formula with low allergy potential is substituted, often the runny nose and other symptoms vanish. But this change in diet should only be made with a doctor’s recommendation.
25.Home remedies for hormonal imbalance
The treatment of hormonal imbalance depends on the severity of the symptoms as well as the underlying cause of the problem. Making healthy changes to your diet is the first step in the treatment of hormonal imbalance. You need to –
- Increase your consumption of fresh, organic fruits, veggies and whole grains. Check to make sure that the foods you choose are free of pesticides and herbicides
- Restrict your intake of animal products like mutton, beef, pork and veal. This also includes dairy products like cheese, cream and full-fat milk
- Eat the right amounts of food that are high in omega 3 fatty acids, such as lean fish, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day
- Avoid foods that are processed or high in fat, like white bread, frozen meals, luncheon meat, bakery items and sweets
Apart from choosing the right foods for your diet, you also need to make sure that you –
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day instead of three large ones
- Start your day with a wholesome and substantial breakfast
- Do not leave a time gap of more than 2 or 3 hours between each meal
- Avoid skipping meals, especially breakfast
- Include a wide variety of foods from each food group in your daily diet
Incorporating these healthy lifestyle changes can also help manage hormonal imbalances to a great extent –
- Follow a proper workout routine in which you exercise for at least half an hour a day, 5 days a week
- Practice stress-relieving and relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, aromatherapy, massage therapy, acupuncture and acupressure
- Quit unhealthy practices like smoking cigarettes, drinking excessive alcohol or using recreational drugs
- Reduce your exposure to environmental hazards as well as pollutants
- Get around 8 hours of sleep each day.
In case the hormonal imbalance persists in spite of following these remedies and suggestions, your doctor may prescribe medication or advise you to go in for hormone replacement therapy.
28. Home remedies to reduce pain
So, what can you do for chronic pain? We have been collecting remedies for years. They have the advantage of being safer than most medications and are often less expensive. Here are some popular options:
The first is turmeric, found in curry powder and in yellow mustard. It gives both of them a distinctive color. This Indian spice has anti-inflammatory activity and can be helpful for arthritis (Journal of Family Practice, March 2011). Some people take it in capsules, while others incorporate it into food like scrambled eggs. One caution: people who take warfarin (Coumadin) should avoid turmeric because there may be an interaction.
Another Indian herb, boswellia, is also promising (Clinical Pharmacokinetics, June 1, 2011). As sometimes happens, the veterinarians were out in front with this one. Several years ago, they found that the herb mixed in with food seemed to be helpful for dogs with joint pain. Boswellia isn’t usually used as a spice, but can be found as a supplement in health food stores.
Vitamin D should definitely be considered by anyone with joint or muscle pain. So many have low vitamin D levels because we spend most of our time indoors. Getting five or 10 minutes of sun exposure two or three times a week in the summer is a great way to get vitamin D for free, but supplements of 1,000 or 2,000 IU a day are also reasonable (Journal of Investigative Medicine, online March 16, 2011).
30. Swelling – Home Treatment
Mild swelling will usually go away on its own. Home treatment may help relieve symptoms.Swelling and pain are very common with injuries. When you have swelling, you should look for other symptoms of injury that may need to be evaluated by your doctor.
If you have a medical condition that may cause swelling, follow your doctor’s instructions on how to treat your swelling.
- Rest and protect a sore area. Stop, change, or take a break from any activity that may be causing your pain or soreness.
- Elevate the injured or sore area on pillows while applying ice and any time you are sitting or lying down. Try to keep the area at or above the level of your heart to help minimize swelling.
- Avoid sitting or standing without moving for prolonged periods of time. Exercising the legs decreases the effect of gravity, so swelling goes down.
- A low-sodium diet may help reduce swelling.
- Drink plenty of fluids to help prevent swelling caused by dehydration.
- Keep your skin cool in hot environments.
- Home remedies for edema also include consuming a glass of fresh cucumber juice every day. This enables your body to get rid of toxins and also aids in healing.
- Dandelion green tea is among the popular edema cures. It acts like a natural diuretic and eases swelling. The leaves of dandelion are rich in many vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C and D. They also contain minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and manganese. To make dandelion green tea, bring a cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and then add a teaspoon of fresh dandelion. Brew the tea for 5 to 7 minutes and then strain. Drink 2 to 3 cups of dandelion green tea every day.
- The herbs comfrey and coltsfoot are also common home remedies for swelling. Boil four cups of water and add a couple of teaspoons each of comfrey and coltsfoot. Boil for another 5 minutes, strain and dip a clean washcloth in the water. Place the cloth over the swollen area. You can repeat the treatment twice or thrice daily.
- Warm mustard oil helps to alleviate swelling and may be applied to the affected areas. Instead of using oil, you can even soak some mustard seeds in water and immerse the affected area in the solution.
- Apple cider vinegar is believed to help in treating edema because it aids in removal of excess fluids.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of coriander seeds to boiling water and consume for relief from edema.
- You can use a cold pack to alleviate swelling due to sprains. Place some crushed ice in a plastic bag and place it over the affected area. Make sure you also place a cloth between the pack and your skin. You can even make use of cold gel packs for this purpose.
- For edema that occurs due to insect bites or stings, tea tree oil is a beneficial remedy. It helps to soothe the affected area and relieves pain due to its natural analgesic properties. You can apply a few drops of tea tree oil directly to the bite or sting area using a cotton swab. You can even combine tea tree oil with extract of margosa leaves and apply to the affected part. This will reduce swelling and help in healing.
- Flax seeds are another effective remedy for edema. Crush some flax seeds into a powder and sprinkle over food. You can also apply flax seed oil to the affected area.
33. Home Remedies For Sneezing
Due to the natural antibiotic and anti-viral properties present in garlic it can easily fight off any upper respiratory infection. Garlic can be used both internally as well as externally to get relief from excessive sneezing which is often caused by a common cold infection. Take four to five garlic cloves and then crush it make a fine paste and then inhale its strong fragrance. This will help to clear up the nasal passage that causes sneezing and help you to breathe with ease. At the same time try to include eat garlic by adding it in your soups and salads.
Having a hot cup of chamomile tea is considered as one of the best home remedies for a sneezing allergy. As chamomile tea has excellent antihistamine properties it can give instant relief from allergy and sneezing. Boil a cup of water, add one teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers to it and boil the tea for a few more minutes. Now put some honey to the cup of water to improve its flavor and then drink the tea. It should be taken two times in a day to get rid of the sneezing completely. Along with Chamomile tea, you can also have Echinacea and nettle tea two times in a day.
If the sneezing is due to a stuffy nose, then peppermint oil can help you a lot. Now cover you head with a towel and try to breathe in steam coming from boiling water where drops of peppermint oil that have antibacterial properties are added. When you inhale the steam, it will clear up the nasal passage and soon you will get relief from persistent sneezing. You can also inhale vapors of boiling water mixed with a few drops of eucalyptus oil or thyme oil to get relief from sneezing induced by nasal irritation and colds.
Ginger is one of the oldest and effective home remedies for the treatment of different viral and nasal problems including sneezing. When suffering from sneezing try to consume 1 to 2 teaspoons of ginger extract twice a day, until the disease s not cured completely. Another option is to take a small piece of ginger root and then cut it into thin slices which you need to put in a cup of water and boil it for some time. Add a little honey for taste and drink this tea before going to bed. This will prevent sneezing at night.
Boil a cup of water, add two teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds into it and cover up the pot. Soak the seeds for 10-15 minutes and then strain out this liquid. Drink two cups of this tea daily to reduce frequency of sneezing. While preparing fennel tea, never boil the water after adding the seeds to it. This will destroy the natural oils of fennel.
Sneezing and running nose can be treated by eating pepper. Take half a tablespoon of pepper powder with lukewarm water two to three times a day. this will give you relief from runny nose and sneezing. Gargling with warm water with pepper added to it also help to get rid of cold virus and germs. Taking soups and salads mixed with black pepper is one of the simplest natural cures for sneezing because it keeps the respiratory system clear.
Your diet should also include vegetables which contain bioflavonoid which works in the same way as vitamin C. Its antioxidant properties control the histamine produced by the body and thereby reduce sneezing. Vitamin C can help lower the production of histamine in the body and hence control sneezing. When suffering from a common cold, drinking a glass of lemonade or orange juice can give you a good dose of vitamin C. this would help treat the runny nose and sneezing symptoms.
Oil of Oregano
Oil of oregano has antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties vital in fighting sinusitis. The natural oil extracted from wild oregano plants has two key ingredients that are essential in strengthening the immune system: carvacrol and thymol. To relieve sneezing and sinus congestion, mix two to three drops of oil with juice and drink it daily until the symptoms subside.
Fenugreek seeds also serve to cure sneezing problem up to some extent. You need to boil water with the content of Fenugreek seeds, with 2 to 3 teaspoons. Wait until the content mixes by half. Drain the mixture, and take in small sips. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day until the disease is not cured completely. This is one of the best home remedies for sneezing.
Soak some about 5-6 bitter gourd leaves in water for some time. Next, squeeze them and add a little bit of warm water to get the juice. Finally, consume it on a regular basis to get rid of sneezing induced by colds and seasonal allergies. When following this therapy, you can also add some honey in the juice.
To conclude, along with all these home remedies, you must take some measures to prevent exposure to any such environmental irritant that can aggravate your problem further. Keep your house free from dust and allergens.
Lady’s finger: The gooey texture of lady’s finger is the rich fibre that can reduce cholesterol and blood sugar. Soak couple of slit raw lady’s finger into two in half a glass of water overnight. Next day drink the water and eat the lady’s finger first thing in the morning.
Methi and coriander seeds: Grind an ounce of the dry seeds. Mix a tablespoon of it with a glass of water and have it at bedtime.
Garlic: Eat a raw clove every morning on empty stomach. Use garlic while cooking as much as possible.
Curry leaves: In Kerala, we make a dry chutney called ‘veppila katti’ – So rich in antioxidants and fibre! A simple version of this is to dry fry a bunch of curry leaves with coriander seeds, jeera/cumin and a little methi/fenugreek seeds. Then grind them into a coarse powder. At the table, mix a spoon of this with a spoon of olive oil and have it as an accompaniment to rice or rotis instead of pickles or chutney. Don’t have time for veppila katti? Then just eat up the curry leaves found in your dishes.
Cinnamon tea: Cinnamon tea is popular in the Middle East. The Chinese too use cinnamon for various diseases or conditions. Simmer a stick of cinnamon in water for about 10 minutes. Drink this once or twice a day. Cinnamon is believed to lower blood sugar and cholesterol.
Nuts and seeds: Have an ounce of nuts or seeds daily instead of some other snack.
Fibre: Make a cup of oat porridge in water and increase the fibre by adding a tablespoon of wheat bran or a teaspoon of psyllium. Very effectively reduces cholesterol.
1. Having tender coconut regularly helps in reducing body heat.
2. Soak lime tree leaves in sour milk. Add this to previous day rice, add very little salt and eat it to reduce body heat.
3. A glass of water with cumin seeds helps in reducing body heat.
4.Tender coconut or water taken with methi seeds cools the body.
5 . Agathi keerai taken regularly in the food helps in reducing body heat.
6. The home remedy to lower body heat is by drinking amla juice with honey and lime juice with water on an empty stomach every morning or drink pomegranate juice with 2 – 3 drops of almond oil.
7. A daily self massage with olive oil can help in reducing body heat.
8. 2 tsp of clarified butter in a glass of warm milk is a good remedy to treat aggravated body heat.
9.Body heat can be reduced by taking herbal tea and mint tea.
10.Avoid spicy food, red meat, fried items and reduce the intake of salt.
11.1/2 cup of plain yogurt beaten with a cup of water, with little salt or sugar is good to reduce body heat.
40. Tobacco Addiction | Smokeless
Tobacco: Tips on how to stop
Why is it hard to quit using smokeless tobacco?
Like cigarettes, smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) contains nicotine, a very addictive substance that causes changes in the way you think and act. If you are addicted to nicotine, you crave the “buzz” you get from using smokeless tobacco, and you have to use more and more to get the effect you want.
Smokeless tobacco puts more nicotine into your bloodstream than cigarettes do. This is one reason why people who chew or dip tobacco regularly may think that quitting smokeless tobacco is even harder than quitting cigarette smoking.
Using smokeless tobacco might also be a habit for you when you’re in certain situations or with certain people. For example, you may always chew tobacco when you go to a sporting event or when you watch TV. It can be hard to break this pattern of behavior.
However, many smokeless tobacco users have quit successfully – and so can you. Your family doctor can help you quit.
Why is it important for me to quit using smokeless tobacco?
The use of any tobacco product has both immediate and long-term effects on your health and overall well-being. Smokeless tobacco stains and wears down your teeth, causes your gums to recede (peel back) and produces mouth sores. Bad breath is also a common problem. Over time, the use of smokeless tobacco can cause mouth cancer. Nicotine from smokeless tobacco also raises blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and can increase your risk of having a heart attack.
List your own reasons for wanting to quit using smokeless tobacco. In addition to the effects of smokeless tobacco on your health, you may be concerned about saving money or setting a good example for family members and friends. Write down your reasons for wanting to quit. Then keep your list in places where you can see it often.
What can I do to get ready to quit using smokeless tobacco?
Set a date to quit and stick to it. Choose a date 2 to 4 weeks from today. Quitting can be hard, so develop a plan that works for you. Prepare yourself for quitting by identifying the times when you will want smokeless tobacco the most. Plan to avoid those situations or to have tobacco substitutes with you (such as sunflower seeds or chewing gum). Get rid of all your chewing tobacco or snuff before your quit date. Start cutting down now on the amount you chew or dip.
Get support from your family, friends and doctor. Even better, have a friend or family member who uses smokeless tobacco stop chewing or dipping at the same time that you do. Studies have shown that people who have the support of family and friends are more successful at quitting. Your doctor may also be able to recommend a support program that might help you quit.
What can I use to replace smokeless tobacco?
Talk to your doctor about whether nicotine gum or another nicotine replacement product is right for you. Generally, people who use 3 or more tins or pouches a week, people who use smokeless tobacco within 30 minutes after they wake up, and people who usually swallow tobacco juice when they chew or dip benefit most from nicotine replacement.
Find an oral substitute for smokeless tobacco that you enjoy. This may be sugarless gum, hard candy, beef jerky or sunflower seeds. Don’t substitute cigarette smoking for smokeless tobacco. Stop using all tobacco products.
Find activities to do when you want to chew or dip. Many people chew or dip when they are bored. Instead, take a walk or a quick jog, lift weights, take a hot shower to relax, or do any activity you enjoy that will keep your mind off smokeless tobacco.
What if I slip up and start using smokeless tobacco again?
This is normal. Learn from your slip! Think about what you can do to avoid that situation next time. Plan ways to handle things without going back to using smokeless tobacco.
Once you quit, congratulate yourself. You’ve worked hard! Celebrate beating the habit by using the money you would have spent on smokeless tobacco to buy yourself a present or do something that you enjoy.
Home remedies to quit Tobacco chewing
43. Home remedy for cracking joints
Cure Crackling Bones
“Crepitus is a medical term to describe the grating, crackling or popping sounds and sensations experienced under the skin and joints. The sound can be created when two rough surfaces in the human body come into contact – for example, in osteoarthritis when the cartilage around joints has eroded away and the joint ends grind against one another
This time of year the cold weather causes the body’s joints to crack and pop worse than at any other time. This is due to excess vata (air and space) in the system. An amazingly simple remedy for this is to do daily self massage with warm sesame oil or Vata oil (herbally medicated oil) before bathing, but don’t soap the oil off in the process, let it stay on and work its magic. Work the oil into the skin well and then take a nice hot bath or shower, I prefer a long bath myself, more relaxing!
In Ayurveda, oil massage is called abhyanga and is also helpful for stiff, achy muscles, dry skin, sciatica and insomnia.
Sesame oil is heating and penetrates deeply into the tissues. It counters the qualities of the cold, dry and rough associated with fall and winter weather as well as the dry heat in our houses. If the muscles and joints are painful or if there is arthritis then apply Maha Narayan oil directly to those areas before covering the rest of the body with another type of oil.
Abhyanga can be done before bedtime or early in the morning to start the day. You will notice the difference in how you feel almost immediately. At bedtime massaging a little warm sesame oil on the soles of the feet and the crown of the head is one of the best and natural ways to promote sound sleep.
Remember to also drink plenty of water and warm teas and eat warm, oily and nourishing foods like mung dal and vegetable soups to pacify vata.
46. Home Remedy for Boils
• Apply the juice of onion or garlic on the boils, as it helps in evacuating the pus.
• For boils filled with blood, bitter gourd acts as the perfect boils home remedy treatment. Take 1 cup juice of bitter gourd and add 1 tsp limejuice to it. Consume this mixture empty stomach in the morning on a daily basis for a couple of months and see the magical results.
• Milk cream is considered valuable in the treatment of boils. Take 1 tsp of milk cream and add ½ tsp vinegar and a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Apply it on the blood filled boils.
• Cumin seeds are beneficial in healing the boils. Grind the seeds in water so as to form a paste and then apply on the boil-affected area.
47.How to Soften Toenails?
49. Home Remedies for skin whitening.
Sandal Facial Skin Bleach
Gram Flour Facial Skin Bleach
Milk Powder Pack
Almonds & Honey
50. Home remedies for Dry skin
51. SEE REMEDY NUMBER 76
52. Home remedies for allergic rhinitis
55. Home remedies for dry lips
These remedies are effective in treating dry and chapped lips. But to prevent recurrence, keep your lips well moisturized and your body well hydrated, avoid extreme temperatures, and eat a proper diet.
57. see remedy number 53.Home remedy for Sweating
58.Home remedies for cough in infants
1. Mix sendha namak in warm mustard oil and massage on chest & back (covering the areas of lungs.)
2. mix little ginger ale in honey (1:2 ratio) and u can make ur baby lick little drop with ur finger 2-3 times a day.
3. don’t give plain milk. Boil tulsi leves/jave (vermicelli) in milk, strain, cool n give.
4. take a small chuggha (mitti ka diya) with few drops of hot milk, rub almond about 1/4th and make ur baby lick this paste.
. Home remedies for skin glow1.Lemon is the best natural remedy for skin lightening. It helps to reduce the blemishes and dark spots. Rub fresh lemon juice over the darkened skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Remember not to expose yourself to the sun, while doing this treatment. There is no way that you look for skin lightening tips and not find lemon on the list. You should be careful as lemon can cause irritation on the wounds and cuts.
2. Milk:Prepare a face pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey. Make a smooth paste and apply all over your face. Rub gently in circular motions and keep for 15 minutes. Use low fat milk if you have oily skin and full cream milk if you have dry skin.
3. Turmeric.This is an ingredient used by our ancestors and is still considered one of the best skin lightening agents. Prepare the mask by combining 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. Apply over the exposed skin and keep for 15 minutes. You should be careful while using this pack, as turmeric can stain your clothes.
People with sensitive skin can dilute the pack with a little amount of water.
4. Egg pack:
Beat an egg till it’s fluffy and frothy. Apply on the face and keep it on till it dries off completely. Wash off with cool water. You can also add lemon juice or 2 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, to reduce the smell of the egg
Aching joints are among the most common health complaints, and they can happen for reasons too numerous to count. If you, like me, suffer from the occasional twinge in the knee or feel your elbows demanding some TLC after hours of slogging at the desk, I have some advice that will bring you relief. I have tried each one of these, and felt better each time. The good news is, these remedies require very little effort, and yield great results.
Feast on Carrots: Did you know that carrots have been used for centuries in Chinese medicine as an effective remedy for aching joints? Simply grate a carrot in a bowl, and squeeze some lemon juice on it. Enjoy raw or steamed. Carrot nurtures the ligaments, bringing relief from pain.
Munch on Fenugreek seeds: my grandmother’s favorite remedy for joint ache. She would soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in clean water overnight. In the morning, she would drain off the water and munch on the seeds. They taste slightly bitter to begin with, then slowly and pleasantly sweeten as you chew. According to ancient Indian healers, fenugreek is “warm” in nature, which makes it helpful in healing your joints.
Drink more water: among the lesser-known benefits of drinking more water is that it softens cartilage and keeps it hydrated. Water helps you maintain an adequate blood volume so that nutrients can move through your blood and into your joints. It also moves waste away from your joints, making them less likely to ache
61.Home remedies for thumb and finger shivering
Try some herbal teas as home-remedies against anxiety. A variety of herbs are useful in reducing stress and calming the mind and body. Herbal extracts from herbs such as chamomile, clove spice, Lavandula, orange, and wild thyme are useful in controlling tension and calming the mind. Aromatherapy also plays a major role in encouraging physical wellness and psychological wellbeing. Some important essential oils that can be used in aromatherapy against stress include tea tree oil, lavender and chamomile.
62. Home remedy for throat infection.
Soak 8 to 10 almonds in 1 cup water. After discarding the outer skin, grind the kernels with 8 to 10 black peppers (sabut kali mirch) in 1 cup water. Strain it and drink once a day, after adding sugar candy (mishri) to taste.
- Pour 1 glass boiling water on a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of crushed cinnamom sticks (dalchini) and green cardamoms (chhoti ilaichi). Keep aside. Filter and use as a gargle when warm.
- Boil 2 teaspoons fennel seeds (saunf) in barley water and take twice or thrice a day.
- Mix seeds of green cardamom (chhoti ilaichi) along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
Gargle 3 times a day with a glass of hot water to which 1 teaspoon salt has been added.
- Boil 1 glass milk with ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi) and give 2-3 boils. Strain. Add sugar to taste. Drink at night for 2-3 days before going to bed.
- Boil 2 teaspoons carom seeds (ajwain) in 2½ cups water for 15 minutes. Strain and add ½ teaspoon salt. Gargle twice a day – early morning and at bed time.
Crush a few neem leaves with a little water. Strain it. Warm it up. Add a little honey and gargle.
- Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon honey. Swallow tiny amounts slowly 2-3 times a day.
- A solution of 2 teaspoons of glycerine and 1 teaspoon of borax powder (suhaaga) will give you quick relief from a sore throat. Swirl this mixture in your mouth for a little while with a cotton but, leave mouth open, bend head in a sink and then let it slide down slowly.
- Tender leaves of mango (aam) tree help to cure throat ailments and also make the voice sweet. They should be eaten raw daily.
- For an effective home remedy for sore throat, cough and cold, boil 1 cup of water with a few mint (pudina) leaves till reduced to half the quantity. Strain the boiled water and add 1 teaspoon honey to it. The children will like the sweet taste of honey in it.
- Sip or drink slowly 1 cup hot water mixed with juice of ½ lemon (nimbu) and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Boil 1 glass of milk with a small pinch of ground turmeric (haldi), pepper (kali mirch) powder and sugar candy (mishri). Strain it and have it as hot as possible. It relives throat pain and lung congestion.
- Drink tea boiled with ginger (adrak) and a few tulsi leaves 2-3 times a day.
- Gargle with warm salt water at least twice a day. However do not make gargling sounds a this may aggravate the soreness.
A home remedy can only focus on mirroring the treatment of the symptoms and that means eliminating the rash. Avoiding the rash in future would require that you try to identify what gave you the rash. Since the allergen is not known, the use of lavender oil, tea tree oil, and aloe vera are some of the treatments that ought to be tried out. Lavender oil should be used if your rash takes the appearance of an insect bite. Tea tree oil, being an antiseptic, should be used when you suspect that the rash could be infected. Aloe vera should be used to seal the wound as a bandage would. It also has mild anti-inflammatory properties so this would help if you faced the problem purely from contact with an allergen. Orally, you should dramatically increase the amount of ginger and feverfew herb that you take, by adding these to tea. These are both very powerful anti-inflammatory herbs as well as analgesics that can be consumed without serious repercussions
65.Treatment for lower back pain after miscarriage
Many women use over the counter medicines to tackle the lower back pain after miscarriage. However, certain side effects may be experienced with the extended use of these medicines. It is better to use simple home remedies to alleviate the pain. Given below are a few simple steps to relieve lower back pain after miscarriage:
- Get an adequate amount of sleep and rest during the day, to strengthen the body and expedite the recovery process.
- Perform a few back-strengthening exercises that can get rid of the tension in the lower back area.
- Soothe the muscles in the back, by soaking in a hot bathtub at least once, or even twice a day.
- Place a big filled with hot water or a heating pad on the lower back area. Alternating between hot and cold therapy is also quite beneficial.
After a miscarriage, many women suffer from loss of appetite. However, it is important to follow a healthy and balanced diet, so that the worn out tissues can mend faster. In case the pain in the lower back is unbearable, or lasts for more than a couple of weeks after a miscarriage, it is important to check with a doctor and seek medical attention.
66. Home Remedy For Warts
- Mash the garlic (lasan) cloves and apply externally.
- Apply the milky juice exuding from the stems of figs (anjeer) and leaves on the affected areas.
- Place some chopped onions in a dish, cover with salt and leave overnight. Twice a day apply the resulting juice to the warts until they disappear.
- Another alternative is fresh pineapple juice or slices. Since pineapple contains an enzyme that breaks down warts, it is very effective in removing warts without leaving behind any marks. Apply some to the wart several times a day until it has gone.
68. Home remedy for flu due to which have cold every month n flu also
Ashwagandha roots (Withania somnifera; entire about 150 gms),
Arjun bark (Terminalia arjuna; about 70 gms)Divide both of these into 30 equal parts. Now boil 1 part every morning in 3 cups of water (approx 150ml) and reduce to 1 cup. Now filter this mixture and add 1cup of cow’s milk to it. Boil the mixture again over a low flame till milk remains. Add 2 cardamoms while boiling. Consume this milk early morning empty stomach. Little sugar can be added for taste. The remaining filtrate of Ashwagandha and Arjun can be used similarly in evening. During summer months, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus var. javanica) can be substituted for Ashwagandha.MEDICINE 2
Deodara [Cedrus deodar] bark 40 gms
Boil the bark in 500ml of water and reduce it to 50ml. Consume this tea on empty stomach 3 times away. One can use the same bark for all three times or use fresh as per liking. This is very good remedy.
Punarnava [Boehravia repens] root 30gms
Gokshur [Tribulus terresteris] 10 gms
Prepare an herbal tea as mentioned in MEDICINE 2 and consume fresh 3 times a day on empty stomach.
70.Home Remedy for Acidity
• Take a cup of water and boil it. Add 1 tsp of Aniseed (Saunf) to the water and leave it overnight. On the next morning, filter the water and add 1 tsp of honey to it. Drink it thrice a day and bid goodbye to acidity.
• Take a cardamom and a clove and powder it. Consume it like a mouth freshener after having your each meal. Not only this remedy will take care of your acidity problem, but also will keep away bad breath.
• Take about 1-½ liters of water and add 1 tsp Caraway seeds (shah jeera) to it. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drink it while warm at least 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
- Mix equal quantities of glycerin and lemon juice. Apply every night before going to bed. This mixture can be made and stored in a glass bottle.
- Massage your feet with castor oil every night (in winters) for 2-3 minutes and then wear socks at night.
- Grind equal amounts of neem leaves and turmeric (haldi). Apply on affected area.
- Finely grind a handful of henna (mehendi) leaves. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and apply on the feet.
- Mix the juice of bottle gourd (lauki) and sesame oil (til ka tel) in the ratio 4:1 and heat till all the moisture has evaporated. Bottle and use over craked skin.
- Mix 1 cup bottle gourd (lauki) juice with ¼ cup sesame oil (til ka tel) and heat till the water evaporates. Massage regularly over chapped hands and heels. To take out juice, grate the lauki and squeeze through a muslin cloth to get juice.
- To heal cracked feet, wear one size larger slippers than your feet, when at home.
- Apply a paste of sandalwood powder mixed with desi ghee
73. Home Remedies for Arthritis in Hands
Honey and Cinnamon
The combination of honey and cinnamon powder is a good way to treat arthritis in hands due to their excellent healing properties. Honey has antiseptic qualities, while cinnamon has good antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. When both honey and cinnamon are used together it helps in relaxing the stiff muscles of the body. Those suffering from finger arthritis must take a mixture of one tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder on daily basis. It is advisable to eat this mixture every early morning on empty stomach.
There is a strong connection between olive oil and inflammation caused when suffering from arthritis. There is a special compound known as oleocanthal present in olive oil that helps in preventing the production of pro-inflammatory COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. So, when olive oil is used for cooking food, it helps a lot in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. At the same time you can use olive oil to massage your hands and fingers. For massaging, make a mixture of warm olive oil and lavender oil and massage the hand with gentle strokes to alleviate discomfort and inflammation.
Epsom salt is a rich source of magnesium that helps in improving the usage of oxygen and at the same time it prevents hardening of the arteries and blood clots. Simply soaking your hands in warm water mixed with Epsom salt for half an hour daily can help in reducing the inflammation and will give you much relief from muscle cramps and pain. At the same time you can also add two handfuls of Epsom salt and one handful of rock salt along with fennel oil and juniper oil in warm water to soak your hands for fifteen minutes daily. This remedy will also help a lot in reducing the stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with arthritis.
Potato has anti oxidant and anti inflammatory properties that can help a lot to treat hand arthritis. You can prepare potato juice by cutting a medium-sized potato into thin slices, without peeling the skin and then put the potato slices in cold water overnight. Next morning strain the solution and drink the water on an empty stomach. When this raw potato juice is consumed daily, it will give you relief from pain and the joints will become more flexible. Else you can extract the juice of a medium sized potato and dilute it with some water before drinking it. This remedy is not for those suffering from diabetes.
Castor oil has powerful medicinal and curative powers. The medicinal component known as Ricinoleic Acid present in castor oil has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This is why castor oil helps a lot to get relief from arthritis pain. Take any castor oil and apply to the affected area and gently massage it twice a day in order to reduce the pain. Else boil two tablespoons of castor oil and then add it into a glass of fresh orange juice. Drink this juice before eating your breakfast daily and within weeks you can notice improvement in your condition.
Garlic is another effective ingredient that can be used in the treatment of arthritis in hands. It contains an anti-inflammatory property which helps in lot in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. At the same time garlic contains a substance known as allicin which helps the body to suppress the growth and reproduction of micro-organisms that can worsen the symptoms of arthritis. On regular basis, you can eat garlic, either in raw or cooked form as per you according to individual preference. Else take a few garlic cloves and heat them up with some mustard oil. Once the oil comes to room temperature apply it on your fingers and gently massage it. Repeat the process several times a day to get quick relief.
For joint pain on fingers due to arthritis, you need to use warm compresses to get rid of the pain. A warm compress stimulates blood circulation, relaxes muscles and joints and reduces the stiffness. For this remedy soak a towel in hot water and after squeezing the excess water put it over your hands and fingers. Repeat the process several times a day. When warm compresses are applied on the affected fingers, there will be improvement in hand and finger movements. For better result, warm compresses should be combined with light exercise so that the stiffness on the hand and fingers can get reduced to a great extent.
Cold therapy is good for those suffering from hand arthritis. For this therapy you can use ice packs or a plastic bag filled with crushed ice or a bag of frozen greens. Put the ice pack on the affected area for a few seconds and again repeat the process. Apply the cold compress to only one or two joints at a time and sure to put a thin towel between the ice pack and the skin to prevent frostbite. Regular application of ice pack on the affected hands and fingers will lessen the irritation and reduce the soreness. However, it is important to bear in mind that different people may respond differently to cold therapy.
Turmeric is another popular ingredient that can be used in the treatment in hand arthritis due to its anti inflammatory properties. At the same time turmeric has also got antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help in killing the bacteria behind the cause of arthritis as well as give protection to the infected finger from the attack of other micro-organisms. Add a teaspoon of turmeric into a glass of warm milk along with some honey and drink it. Else you can mix turmeric powder with warm water and drink it daily to get relief from the symptoms of arthritis. Another option is add a few drops of mustard oil to one teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it properly to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the swollen fingers and leave it for about half an hour. Finally wash the area with lukewarm water. This remedy will also give you relief from pain and inflammation.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory and alkalizing properties that help in reducing pain and stiffness in the hands from arthritis. Every day try to drink a glass of warm water mixed with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and some honey. Else you can make a paste by warming the apple cider vinegar and adding a small amount of cayenne pepper to it. Apply this warm paste to painful joints and leave it for ten minutes. Soon you will get relief from the pain as well as soreness and stiffness.
To conclude, along with these home remedies for arthritis in hands, you also need to follow the advices given by your doctor. At the same time never neglect exercises and physical therapies to enjoy better joint movements of your fingers and hands.
74. Home care for Bell’s palsy
Eye care. If you can’t blink or close your eye fully, your eye may become dry. A dry eye can lead to sores and serious vision problems. To help protect the eye and keep it moist:
- Use your finger to close and open your eyelid often throughout the day.
- Use eyedrops (“artificial tears”) or ointment. Those that contain methylcellulose are a good choice and don’t require a prescription. You may want to use drops during the day and ointment at night while you sleep. Ask your doctor how often to use the drops.
- Wear an eye patch while you sleep, and wear glasses or goggles the rest of the time.
Mouth care. If you have no feeling and little saliva on one side of your tongue, food may get stuck there, leading to gum disease or tooth decay. Brush and floss your teeth often and well to help prevent these problems. To prevent swallowing problems, eat slowly and chew your food well. Eating soft, smooth foods, such as yogurt, may also help.
What causes headaches in pregnancy?
Headaches are triggered by the hormonal changes that are happening in your body. They’re very common in early pregnancy.
The hormone progesterone helps to relax your uterus (womb) and blood vessels in your body, including those in your head and neck. Blood then pounds through these veins, causing you to have headaches.
Changes in your blood pressure may trigger tension headaches. If you often had headaches or migraines before you were pregnant, you may have them more often in early pregnancy. Though some women find that once they are pregnant, their headaches are less severe and less frequent.
Tiredness, hunger, dehydration, stress, lack of fresh air and not having enough exercise may all affect the frequency and intensity of your headaches. If you are trying to reduce your caffeine intake or quit smoking, headaches may be part of your withdrawal symptoms.
Sinus congestion may cause you to have a headache in the area behind your cheekbones. Your eyesight may be affected during pregnancy due to changes in the pressure around your eyes. Eye strain can lead to pain in and around your eyes, as well as around your head.
Headaches in later pregnancy are not as common and may indicate more serious problems such as high blood pressure. Tell your doctor or midwife if you have headaches in your third trimester, especially if they are at the front of your head or accompanied by flashing lights or sickness.
How can I prevent headaches?
Rest and relaxation
Get plenty of rest and consider taking time off work, if it helps. Try flexible working if it’s feasible. Get an early night every now and then, and ask for help with chores or childcare.
Find time for relaxation, exercise, fresh air, and a change from your usual routine. Try gentle walking, swimming or pregnancy exercise classes.
Try to eat a healthy diet, though if you are suffering from pregnancy sickness this may be difficult. Eat regularly to maintain your blood sugar levels and have small but frequent meals if you can’t manage a larger one. Keep some snacks, such as dried apricots or almonds, handy for when you’re at work or on the move.
Eat a wide variety of foods of all types and colours to make sure you’re getting a good balance of all the essential nutrients. Stay hydrated by drinking eight glasses of water a day and cut down on how much caffeine and alcohol you have.
If you have sinusitis and congestion, try to have less cheese, milk and yoghurt. Dairy foods may cause you to produce extra mucus and make the problem worse. However, don’t cut out dairy produce from your diet without talking to your doctor or midwife first, as they are a valuable source of calcium.
What self-help tips can I try to ease a headache?
Once a headache develops, accept it and try to rest. A gentle walk in the fresh air or a nap may help.
Or place one of these over the area of your pain:
- a bag of frozen peas
- a tea towel compress that’s been soaked in warm water
- a herbal or wheat pillow, heated carefully in the microwave
Though not the nicest of prospects, a cold shower can stimulate your blood vessels and make them constrict, which may reduce the pain. You could try massaging your head, using a hair washing motion, to work directly on the blood vessels in your head. If your headache is focused in one spot, try pressing very firmly on that area.
3. Wash linens and other fabrics that collect dust in hot water. This will keep your dust mites in check and away from your sensitive nose.
4. Use shades instead of drapes and other cloth window coverings. These are common household collectors of dust. Shades are much easier to clean, especially if removing dust is your chief goal.
5. Clean floors and other surfaces with a damp mop. This will remove dust and other dirt from the primary dust collectors of your home.
6. Remove sources of dust and dust collectors. Things like stuffed animals, fabrics, curtains, and other items may be hidden collectors of dust. Get rid of them to manage your dust allergy symptoms.
7. Remove carpets and rugs from your home. Wooden floors and other surfaces are far better at keeping dust on the surface which is easily cleanable with a damp mop or cloth.
8. Keep humidity in your home at a lower level. Dust mites live and thrive in damp areas. By keeping the humidity levels at a lower level, you can stop them in their tracks.
9. Change pillow covers on a regular basis. Wash in hot water for best results. Throw out older pillows as needed.
10. Use dust mite covers for mattresses and other furniture. While it may cost you a little extra, these things really work. Use them liberally throughout your home.
Natural home remedy using carrot juice, beetroot juice and cucumber juice:
1. Take 250 ml carrot juice
2. Add 100 ml beetroot juice
3. Add 100 ml cucumber juice
4. Mix well
5. Have once everyday
6. This helps reduce allergic reaction and soothes existing allergies
Natural home remedy using lemon and honey:
Lemon helps flush toxins from the body. It is an antibiotic and has anti-allergic properties
1. Take 1 glass lukewarm water
2. Squeeze ½ lemon in it
3. Add 1 tsp honey
4. Mix well
5. Drink on an empty stomach
77. Home remedies to increase Child Appetite
This is a very common question almost all parents ask a Pediatrician and normally the prescription is a mild carminative or digestive in the form of a tonic. Most of the time, children must be eating sufficient to their body requirements. But parents are eager to feed them more. However, in general, the following can be tried for a better appetite and digestion:
Give food that is fresh and tasty, light and easily digestible.
If possible give food every two hours and not in equal intervals like adults. Children like to eat often � little quantity. Children can easily get in digestion due to their Phlegmatic nature (Kapha Swabhava), so, if you really feel that child is eating far less than the normal quantity, then in that case some simple preparations of Ayurveda will be highly useful.
1. Rajanyadi Choorna (1 to 2 Gms) mix with honey into a paste and give to your child 5 to 6 times a day before or after the food at your own convenience.
2. Aravindasavam + Mustarishtam 5 ml. with 5 ml. of water 3 times a day after food.
These two preparations are very helpful in enhancing the appetite of the child and will also remove any indigestion in the system. (Aama). The medicines are easily available in all the Ayurvedic drug stores.
Regular body massage with appropriate oils as prescribed by a good Ayurvedic Physician or simply warm gingely (sesamum) oil and use it for body massage for your children. This process of Abhyanga (massage) activates the digestive organs of the body and enhances the appetite. Parents usually do not indulge into such type of activities these days. Child below seven should be given oil massage regularly twice a week. It promotes growth, increases digestion and improves skin texture and also helps in improving memory. Massage is really a wonderful practice especially for people living in tropical countries.
Also, for the food prepared for children, one should add always a little of Jeera, pepper and turmeric. These spices help in stimulating the digestive glands in the system and in-turn help in digestion.
These simple techniques may be tried at home to improve your child appetite
78.Home Remedies for Weight Gain
If you want your child to gain weight, you can try out the following home remedies:
- Incorporate more of protein rich foods in your child’s diet.
- Alfalfa herb is a natural herb that helps in increasing weight. This herb helps in easy digestion, increased appetite and improved assimilation and you can see your child gaining weight.
- Add more of breads, butter, patsa, sea food and sugar in your child’s diet.
- Consume more of custards and marrow bone soups.
- Muskmelon is also an excellent source for weight gain.
- For about 2-3 months, feed your child with mango milk and see the amazing effects after 3 months. Mango is a very good source of sugar and milk adds the required amount of proteins and other essential nutrients.
- Over consumption of milk also leads to weight gain.
- Take 3-4 wigs and soak them in water. Consume the soaked fig 2-3 times a day.
- Raisins are also beneficial in supporting weight gain. About 30gms of raisins consumed daily helps to increase weight.
- Don’t get confuse between high calories and high fat foods. It’s not necessary that high fat foods give high calories and high energy. Even low calories foods can provide enough calories and energy for healthy weight gain. Let your child gain extra amount of calories through natural food sources that are healthy. Most popular of these healthy, low fat and high calorie providing foods are breads, pastas, cottage cheese, cereals, skim milk, chicken, lean meat and fish.
Take mustard oil and camphor in the ratio of 20:1. Mix them well by heating. Massage your child’s leg with this mixture. It is very effective for treating severe leg pain that may be associated with fever.
Soak your kid’s legs in warm water mixed with a little amount of salt for 15-20 minutes daily. It will bring comfort within a week’s time.
Make your child wear appropriate footwear, especially when he/she is playing, or going to have a long day of walking or standing.
Standing in a position in which the body’s weight is unequally distributed on both the legs can give rise to leg pain. Check out your kid’s posture when he stands.
By trying out the above-listed home treatments for leg pain, your child should start feeling better in a couple of weeks. Encourage your children to exercise regularly and to have nutritious meals so their bodies receive the right amount of vitamins and minerals which are so crucial in the growing-up years. If the pain does not subside or recurs over time, you need to consult a pediatrician to find out the underlying causes and begin medical treatment, if necessary.
- Have the child eat a small piece of jaggery after each meal.
- A handful of shelled pumpkin seeds for a week (two weeks to be on the safe side) works
crush the seeds up and mixe them up in peanut butter, sprinkled them over ice cream, etc. Anything to get to eat them.
81. Home Remedy for Constipation
• Bael fruit works wonders in treating constipation. Consume the fruit everyday for about 2-3 months.
• Consume a medium sized pear either with breakfast or else before dinner. It is the best home remedy for constipation as it aids in clearing the entire faecal matter.
• As a part of constipation home remedy treatment, it’s a great idea to eat guava with seeds, which provides adequate amount of fiber to the diet and aids in normal evacuation of the bowels. Consume about one or two guavas on a daily basis.
• Other effective laxatives are papaya, figs, grapes and orange. Consume about four or five dry figs soaked in water overnight.
• Spinach is a perfect vegetable oriented home remedy for constipation. The best is to eat it raw or else you can go in for 100 ml spinach juice mixed with an equal quantity of water and drink it twice in a day.
The extra layer of skin and fatty tissues located under your chin is known as double chin. A person gets double chin when there is deposition of excessive amount of fats under the skin which can be mostly due to excessive weight gain. Some other factors that can lead to a double chin are too much consumption of foods that are high in calories, ageing, lack of physical activity, and genetics.
The sagging skin under the chin looks unappealing and so many people look for ways to eliminate it. While there are surgical procedures that can help to eliminate a double chin, people generally avoid it as it can be an expensive procedure. To get rid of double chin, there are many simple home treatment options which are pocket friendly and painless and at the same time without any side effects.
Here are top 10 ways to get rid of a Double Chin.
Sugar Free Gum
To get rid of double chin, it is essential to keep the muscles of the face toned and one of the best ways to do it is by chewing sugarless gum. A sugar free chewing gum will not give you toothache and it will give you healthier teeth and gums. At the same time the whole act of chewing sugar free gum will give the muscles of your jaw line a workout that can last for hours at a time. You can do this several times a day in order to reduce the double chin as quickly as possible.
Another way to get rid of double chin is to increase your daily intake of vitamin E. Vitamin E will reduce double chin and also increase elasticity and general health of the skin all over the body. Vitamin E is found naturally in many food sources such as green leafy vegetables, wheat germ oil, dairy products, brown rice, barley, rye, legumes, sweet corn, nuts, beans, apples, soy beans, peanuts, and liver. Try to include these food products as much as possible in your daily diet plan. You can also increase your daily intake of vitamin E by taking a daily supplement. To know about the dose it is better to consult a doctor first.
You can also rub your throat and chin with cocoa butter to solve the problem of double chin. Take a few tablespoons of cocoa butter and slightly warm it in the microwave and use this warm oil to massage your neck and double chin area as gently as possible. Make sure to massage for several minutes every night before going to bed and repeat the process again before taking a bath in the morning. When cocoa butter is used regularly it will improve the elasticity of your skin.
Wheat Germ Oil
Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is another effective way to get rid of a double chin. Wheat germ oil has the goodness of vitamin E oil which will give nourishment to the skin around the chin area and at the same time it will help to tighten the skin. Before going to bed, take some wheat germ oil and rub it gently near the chin area. Now gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for about ten to fifteen minutes. Leave the oil on your skin overnight. If done regularly, you will soon notice improvement in the appearance of double chin.
Milk can aslo be used to tighten the skin around the chin area. You can use milk as a toner and apply it on your chin, massage for some time and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Another option is to make a face mask with milk and honey. Mix both the ingredients properly and then apply it over the chin area and allow it to sit for ten minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. This face mask will make the skin moist and smooth and help to reduce the double chin. Follow this remedy once daily to enjoy quicker and better result.
Egg white is also good for the overall health of the skin and you can definitely use it to get rid of double chin. You can make homemade facial mask to eliminate double chin fast with the help of egg whites. To make this facial mask, you need egg whites of two eggs, a tablespoon of milk, small amount of peppermint essential oil, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk it properly. Now apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area and allow it to dry for about half an hour. Finally rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin. Do this once daily to enjoy quick result.
Melon has many properties that can tone the skin and help to reduce the problem of double chin. Extract fresh melon juice and then with the help of a cotton ball apply it to the affected skin area around the chin and neck. Leave it for fifteen to twenty minutes and then clean the area with fresh water. For better result, combine melon juice with apple juice and then use it massage the soft tissue around your jaw line. At the same time you must increase the intake of melon as it is high in water content. This will help to flush out the unwanted toxins from your body and also help in weight loss.
To lose weight and reduce the appearance of double chin you must drink ample amount of water. It has been found that lack of water can add weight to your face and lead to double chin. So, try to drink at least eight to ten glasses of water daily. This will help to keep your body well hydrated and will help to flush out the unwanted toxins from inside your body. Along with water, you must also try to increase the intake of foods that are high in water content such as melon, cucumbers, lettuce and celery. At the same time, try to limit the consumption of coffee, alcohol, tea and carbonated drinks.
You can also make a natural mask with glycerin to get rid of double chin. To make the mask, you will need one tablespoon of glycerin, half tablespoon of Epsom salts and a few drops of peppermint oil. Mix all the ingredients together and then with a cotton pad, apply it directly onto the neck and chin area. Leave it for several minutes so that all the nutrients get inside the skin properly. Finally wash the area thoroughly with cool water. Follow this remedy three to five times in a week to notice positive results.
An increase in green tea intake is also an effective way to get rid of a double chin. Green tea contains potent antioxidants and various components that speed up your metabolism rate and help to burn extra calories. So, it is a good idea to drink green tea instead of caffeine drinks. Start your day with a cup of green tea and you can have several cups throughout the day. As green tea is available in different flavors, you can choose one that suits your taste bud.
To conclude, by following the above mentioned remedies you can easily get rid of the embarrassing and ugly skin problem of double chin. Just keep in mind to follow the tips regularly without any fail to get positive results.
87. Home Remedy for stye
- Mix 100% pineapple juice and lemon juice and drink this mixuture until your period stops
- Put a cold pack on abdominal area and keep your feet on couple of cushions and lie down for 15- 20 mintues . You may do this number of times ina day and also at night.
1. Soak 4-5 Snake Roots (anjbar herb) in a glass of water. Boil this water for 5 minutes in the next morning and cool it before drinking. It is very effective and useful remedy to reduce heavy bleeding.2. Soak 8-10 Tamarind (Imli) Pcs and 5-6 Dry Plum (Aaloo Bukhara) Pcs. in 500 ml water over night. Next morning refined all seed in this water and grind this mixture and add 2-3 tablespoons of honey or you can use sugar in it. Drink it with an empty stomach for 4-5 days. Continued use of this juice before and during every menses for 3-4 months will must reduce your this problem.3. Drink Orange Juice with 2 tablespoons of Lime juice daily 4-5 glass especially in the morning with an empty stomach. Vitamin C considered to reduce the symptoms of heavy bleeding.
4. Mix Goose Berry (Amla) Juice and Mint juice in curd and use it thrice a day. It is the most effective remedy for heavy bleeding.
5. Boil 2 tablespoons of Coriander seeds in a glass of water. Cool it before drinking it is a very useful remedy for heavy bleeding. or boil Fresh Green Coriander leaves in 1/2 kg water, when water evaporates into half off the flame and mix Natural Sugar (mishri) in it and sip it like tea. After 3-4 dose heavy bleeding will decrease positively.
6. Ginger natural herb is very much effective, ginger tea with honey helps to reduce menstrual overflow. Use it after every meal.
7. Boil Neem leaves with parsley in 3 glasses of water. Drink it three times a day to cure heavy bleeding.
8. Eat Banana Flower with yogurt daily in the morning is best to reduce heavy and longer bleeding.
9. Make a glass of juice with Broccoli and fresh apple. Drink this juice daily 4-5 time for better results.
10. Boil 5-6 Areca nut (Supari) in 2 glasses of water, when water squeeze into 1 glass cools it and drink this water twice a day. It is also an very effective home remedy for heavy bleeding.
11. Dry Pumpkin Pulp in room temperature and crush it. Mix it with Natural Sugar (Mishri). Daily eat it with Milk or Yogurt. It will must decrease heavy bleeding.
12. Rub 20 grams Jamun tree skin in 125 grams water, filter it and drink it. Daily use of 2-3 times during the whole day very much effective and useful for heavy bleeding.
13. Make a powder with 50 grams Nigella Seeds (kalonji) , 20 grams Bamboo Sugar (Tabasheer), Red rose powder 20 grams, 20 grams oak tree gum (qamarkas) and 20 grams Amylose (nishasta). First burn Nigella seeds in a pan and make powder with it than add other ingredients. Take it daily 1/2 teaspoon with Snake roots syrup. In very heavy bleeding repeat this dose after every 3 hours for 3 days.
SOME MORE REMEDIES
Frozen shoulder or Cold shoulder
What is Frozen Shoulder?
Also known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder is a stiffness and pain in the shoulder joint that worsens over time, but sometimes completely resolves on its own. Your shoulder bones, ligaments, and tendons are protected and covered by connective tissue; when this tissue thickens it can tighten the area and reduce mobility. This is more likely to occur in people who have had shoulder surgery or other lengthy periods of shoulder immobility.
Frozen shoulder symptoms occur in three stages: the painful stage, the frozen stage, and the thawing stage. In the painful stage, movement of the shoulder hurts and limits the range of motion. In the frozen stage, the pain can lessen but the shoulder becomes more stiff, furthering the decrease of mobility. The thawing stage, as it would suggest, is the recovery period characterized by an increase in range of motion
Frozen Shoulder – pain relief
If the above exercise is very painful, or increases your pain, STOP immediately. It isn’t working for you. If the exercise doesn’t increase your pain, try repeating it after 15 minutes. If you find it relieves the pain, then the next time your shoulder is painful repeat the exercise. After doing the exercise a few times try doubling the number of rotations to see if this increases the period of relief.
Amongst many remedies, few effective home remedies for frozen shoulder are mention ahead.
1. Before indulging in exercises, apply a heat pack to the affected shoulder for 20 minutes. In addition, applying heat is very helpful in relieving pain. According to recent studies application of heat not only relieves pain but also it may improve stiffness of joints.
2. The exercises that stretch the arm are one of the most effective home remedies for frozen shoulder. The exercises should be performed twice daily for quick treatment, but don’t overdo it. Stretch the arm above the head as possible, and hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
3. Cross your arm along the front of the body, and press the affected arm against the chest with the help of other arm. Use this remedy for 30 seconds twice daily. Regular use of this remedy will prevent further stiffness, and it may also improve the range of motion.
4. Stand 2 feet away from table with legs more than shoulder width apart. Lean forward, and place the hand of your healthy arm on the corner of table, and let the affected arm hanging down. Without swinging the affected arm, gently rotate your hips. Let the affected arm rotate along with the rotating hips. Hips are to be rotated 20 times. Repeat the rotation in opposite direction. Do not overdo this exercise.
5. Gentle massage with herbal oils such as Rumoxil or Rumatone Gold oil works exceptionally well in easing frozen shoulder discomfort and stiffness.
Home remedies for Back pain after delivery
How long will it last?
It’s common to have some back pain after giving birth. It usually resolves within a few months, though some women will continue to have pain for much longer
Women who had back pain before or during pregnancy are more likely to have persistent back pain after pregnancy, particularly if their pain was severe or began relatively early in pregnancy. Being overweight increases the risk too.
What can I do about it?
Begin a gradual exercise program:
While you may not be eager to be up and about if your back hurts, moving around may be just what your body needs. Exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles and increase flexibility may be helpful too.
- Choose a gentle form of exercise, such as walking. Walking is safe to start almost immediately after either a vaginal birth or a cesarean section. Take it slowly and keep walks short in the first few weeks. (Swimming, which helps strengthen your muscles without putting undue stress on your joints, is another good option later on.)Read more about starting to exercise.
- When your caregiver has given you the go-ahead, gradually start doing strengthening exercises for your back and abdominal muscles. Make pelvic tilts a part of your daily routine:Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Inhale and allow your belly to expand with your breath. Exhale and tilt your tailbone toward your belly button while keeping your hips on the floor. (It’s a subtle movement.) At the top of the tilt, tighten your buttocks, then release. Repeat eight to ten times. (Note: If you’ve had a c-section, wait at least six to eight weeks to start exercises like this.)
- Do gentle stretching exercises or yoga. Avoid overstretching or extreme positions.Listen to your body. If a particular position or activity causes you discomfort, stop.
Be aware of positioning and proper body mechanics:
How you hold your body – as you carry and feed your baby, for example – will surely affect how your back feels. A few things to keep in mind throughout the day:
- Pay attention to your posture and stand up straight.
- Sit up straight, too. Think about your posture when feeding your baby, whether you’re nursing or bottle-feeding. If you have low back pain, try using a footstool to keep your feet slightly raised off the floor. Choose a comfortable chair with armrests, and use lots of pillows to give extra support to your back and arms.
- Learn how to position yourself properly while nursing, and always bring your baby to your breast, rather than the other way around. Also try different breastfeeding positions. If you have tense shoulders and upper back pain, the side-lying position may be most comfortable.
- Always bend from your knees and lift objects and children from a crouching position to minimize the stress on your back. Let someone else lift heavy objects – this isn’t the time to risk throwing your back out. (If you’ve had a c-section, you shouldn’t be lifting anything heavier than your baby for at least eight weeks.)