Homemade Chyawanprash (simple version)
1 1/2 kg BIG Aawala/amla/Indian gooseberry
1 1/2 kg Sugar
1/4 kg honey
1/2 kg homemade butter
All powders of
25 gm GuLvelsatva
25 gm Vanshalochan
25 gm ginger
20 gm pimpli
10gms bay leaves
20 gm almond
5 gm Mrigashruga bhasma
- Wash the aawala and pat dry. Prick holes with pointed stainless steel fork in awalas.
- Pressure cook aawalas in a stainless steel container for 15 minutes.
- Let the content cool down.
- Separate the seeds from each and every aawala. Make a smooth paste of seedless aawala pieces.
- In a big thick bottom stainless steel container melt homemade butter and add sugar in it. Stir well.
- Add aawala paste and let it cook on medium -low flame. Cook till the mixture becomes thick. ( there should not remain any moisture in the mixture )
- Meanwhile mix all the powders ( sieve if required) with the honey.
- When the aawala mixture is done, let it cool.
- Add honey and powder mixture in it. Stir well.
- Transfer the contents in a glass bottle.