REMEDIES FOR LOW PLATELETS COUNT
REMEDIES FOR LOW PLATELETS COUNT
Having a low platelet count causes the blood has too few platelets or specialized cells called platelets that help blood
to aid in blood clotting. This condition is also known as
thrombocytopenia, and can range from mild to very severe, depending on
the platelet count and the underlying cause. The treatment of low
platelet count usually depends on two factors: the cause and severity.
There are several possible treatments, including “watch and wait”,
drugs, blood transfusions or platelet transfusions and surgery.
Common conditions can result in low platelet count, such as pregnancy.
The reduction in the number of platelets is usually not huge, and
doctors tend to choose not to treat this disease, but may have to wait
and see approach. Most women recover from pregnancy-induced
thrombocytopenia after the pregnancy ends. Another time, this approach
could be preferred is when people just had a virus, especially children,
and have mild thrombocytopenia. Children are particularly good at low
counts recovery because the bone marrow to produce platelets tends
Following are the main reasons for low platelet count:
1. Defective production / production of low bone marrow. The other
cells, such as red blood cells or WBC may also be low in many cases.
Bone marrow depression is due to many reasons like drugs, reactions to
drugs, alcohol, cancer, etc.
2. Body conditions where destruction of platelets is more than the rate of production in the bone marrow.
3. Spleen problems may also be the reason for platelets.
4. Other systemic diseases such as leukemia, lymphoma, AIDS and various
types of cancer can also be the reasons for the low platelet count.
There are different approaches in alternative medicine that need to be combined for greater effectiveness.
1. If your platelets are less than 20,000 may be necessary to combine
conventional and natural approaches initially. You’ll get faster
2. If you are over 20 or 30,000 in the platelet count, which can respond well to simply using natural therapies.
3. If you have less than 20,000 platelets sure to include a
comprehensive approach to the restoration of platelet counts and not
just taking an herbal formula here and there. This will not work. This
will not work even for the highest levels. Always a comprehensive
approach is more effective.
Treatment for low platelet count
Typically, steroids such as prednisone and immunoglobulins are
prescribed by modern medical practitioners. They often administered
intravenously.Blood transfusions are often given to increase the
Alcohol should be avoided at all costs.
Ayurvedic treatment for low platelet count
1. Ashwagandha Capsules : two capsules three times a day
2.Amla juice : 20 ml twice daily (empty stomach) – 6 am and 6 pm, with the same water.
3.Wheat Grass Juice: 30 ml once daily in the morning on an empty stomach
4.Papaya juice leaf : An excellent herbal remedy for low platelet
count. It should each interval of 2 hours (about 20 ml of juice of
leaves of papaya) and this helps to increase platelets in 1 or 2 days.
This is an effective herbal remedy for low platelet count.
5. Indian pennywort leaf juice or capsules Gotukola : leaf juice of Centella asiatica and Hindi called Mandukparni
6. The papaya leaves juice : 2 tablespoons twice daily
7. Beet juice : 1 tablespoon three times a day