0 product(s) Rs. 0.00
Home Remedies for Myopia
Myopia can be reduced by adopting a few home remedies or solutions, some of which are explained below.
- Eye Exercises: According to research conducted at the Ophthalmology Department, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand by Rawstron, Burley and Elder, eye exercises do have an effect on myopic conditions. Today, ophthalmologic doctors are recommending eye exercises along with medication and prescription glasses. Yoga is yet another source for eye exercises.
- Breathing Exercises: Breathing exercises can also be taken up as home remedies for myopia. These breathing exercises can be done at home in a relaxed way. Close your eyes and inhale through you nose and exhale through your mouth in a steady and continuous manner for more than three minutes. Do not strain by trying to breathe in more air than feels natural.
- Take Vision Breaks: This is perhaps one of the best home remedies for myopia. Continuous reading, watching TV and working on a computer for long hours requires our eyes to focus at short distances and thus myopia can set in. In order to reduce the severity or appearance of myopia, one must take regular breaks from continuous reading, watching TV or working on the computer.
- Work in Adequately Lit Spaces: Working in low light conditions can have a serious affect on the sight of a person. When we work in low light conditions, we put extra stress on our eyes, which strains the muscles inside and tightens them up, resulting in myopia.
- Intake of Vitamins: The consumption of vitamins is a one of the major home remedies for myopia. Vitamins and eyesight have had a close relationship for a very long time. Vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin D and vitamin C have been associated with good eye sight. These vitamins are found in vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods like carrots, tomatoes, apples, peppers, fish, green leafy vegetables, dried fruits and nuts, and are very beneficial.
- Triphala (Ayurvedic approach): Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicinal system describes various ways to treat eye diseases. One such prescription for myopia is through Triphala or a mix of three fruit extracts. These include beleric, Indian gooseberry, and yellow myrobalan. Triphala is available in Ayurvedic medicine shops or the mix can be prepared at home from fresh fruits or their extracts.
- Kusuma Varthi Anjana (Ayurvedic approach): Kusuma Varthi Anajana is an Ayurvedic medicinal preparation used for the treatment of simple myopia. This contains sesamum flowers, long pepper, common jasmine, and black pepper. Mix all of these ingredients and mash them. Add water to this mash to make it into a paste and dry it in shade. This mixture can be taken twice a day to minimize the risk of myopia.
- Almond, coconut, anise seed and candy sugar: This is one of the simplest home remedies for myopia. Mix almond, coconut, anise seed and candy sugar and make them into a powder. This powder can be consumed twice daily. It is known to improve myopic conditions.
- Licorice: Licorice is another spice that is commonly used as a remedy for myopia. Take licorice in a very small quantity (not more than half a spoon) and mash it up. Make two equal parts, mix one in honey and the other in ghee. Consume these mixtures twice every day with milk. Take each mixture once.