There are several people who suffer from numbness in the hands on a regular basis. Most of us regard this problem as a mere inconvenience, but in several cases, hand numbness in an indication of a serious problem. Some of the causes of numbness in hands include:
- Nerve damage
- Injuries affecting the neck or the spinal cord
- Infections like HIV/ AIDS
- Dietary deficiencies
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Vasculitis or inflammation in the blood vessels
- Use of certain medication, especially chemotherapy drugs
- Ulnar nerve compression
- Cervical spondylitis
- Type 2 diabetes
Therefore, as soon as you notice numbness in your arms or hands, it is important for you to consult a doctor and identify its cause.
Causes of Numbness in Legs:
Most of us have experienced leg numbness at some point or the other, especially after sitting in an uncomfortable position for a long period of time. However, if leg numbness becomes a regular part of your life, you may have a reason to be concerned. Numbness in the legs may or may not be accompanied by pain, tingling, weakness and prickling. Given below are some of the serious causes of numbness in legs:
- Transverse myelitis
- Spinal stenosis
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Celiac disease
Therefore, it is absolutely essential for you to consult a doctor, to identify what the possible cause for leg numbness could be and get it treated as soon as possible.
- Heat Therapy: Apply a hot compress on to the area that is numb, in order to relax the muscles and nerves there. You could use a heating pad, a hot water bottle or a piece of cloth dipped in hot water. Make sure that the heat is not too strong or you could burn your skin
- Massage Therapy: A gentle massage on the area that often turns numb can help stimulate the nerves and muscles, improving their overall functioning. However, make sure that the massage is administered by a professional masseuse, who is aware of your condition.
- Exercising: It is a well-known fact that exercising improves the circulation of blood and oxygen all over the body. Therefore, it is an excellent remedy for numbness. Some of the most effective exercises include stretching, walking and swimming.
- Herbs: Gingko Biloba can help to increase the circulation of blood all over your body, thereby reducing the problem of numbness.
Most of the home remedies for numbness mentioned above are quite safe, but only if they are used correctly. It is best for you to consult your doctor and get an approval before using any of them. If you do not see the desired results after using the home remedies for numbness mentioned above, you need to seek professional treatment.
Numbness of hands and legs:
- Please do Yoga pranayama for 20 minutes daily in the morning and night on an empty stomach. Early morning sunbath is very useful.
- Take a cold and then hot water shower simultaneously.
- Have 1 tsp of honey with 1 tsp cinnamon powder every day for 3 months early in the morning before breakfast.
- Take a homeopathic remedy called bismuth 30 5 pills once at bed time for 5 nights. Then take another remedy called Bryonia 30 5 pills once daily for 15 days. Then stop all medicines wait and watch for 2 months.