Query 1: cure for anal fistula required.Gone through surgery but has recurred.
- Application of fresh mint (pudina) juice over face every night cures pimples.
- Clean face with rose water (gulab jal) 2-3 times a day.
- The orange peel (santare ke chilka) is very valuable in the treatment of pimples too. Pound the peel with water on a piece of stone and apply on the affected area. When oranges are not in season, dry peels in the shade. Powder the dried peels. Sift to get a fine powder and store.
- Add equal amount of lemon juice and rose water, and apply this mixture on the infected area. Keep this for half an hour and repeat it regularly to see amazing results.
- Prepare a facial mask consisting of grated apple and honey. It is an effective home remedy for pimples.
- Applying raw papaya juice will do wonders for you.
- Make a paste of crushed margosa leaves and turmeric, then apply it to the face to remove the pimples successful.
- Tee tree oil mixed with aloe vera gel have an anti bacterial and anti inflammatory effects on the pimples.
- Slightly roast a big onion on a naked flame. Mash it and mix in 1 teaspoon each turmeric powder (haldi) and ghee. Apply and tie a bandage.
- Mash some garlic flakes (lasan) and apply externally.
- Grind neem leaves to a paste and apply on affected parts.
- Apply a paste of 1 teaspoon ginger powder (saunth) and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi) on boils.
- Grind some black cumin (kala jeera) seeds in a little water and apply the paste on the affected areas.
- Heat black pepper powder in ½ teaspoon ghee until charred. Use this as an ointment.
- Take fenugreek leaf (methi patta) paste, heat it and when lukewarm, apply on the affected parts of the body.
- Soak bread in warm milk and sandwich the mixture in between the folds of a clean cotton cloth. Apply this poultice to the boil and hold in place with a cotton bandage. This draws the dirt to the surface of the skin and simultaneously bursts the boil.
Query 4:What is Palm and Breathsol Therapy.
Please kindly check the Link to both the Therapies
Any external massage is not of much use. Violent massage with deep pressure is very harmful for the spondylosis patient. Only gentle massage over the muscles of the neck and shoulder joints should be applied and for this purpose Mahanarayan taila is best suited. This gentle massage can be given 2-3 times a day .
In winter season; this medicated oil should be gently warmed before application. Guggulu, gum resin extracted from the plant is the best medicine for the treatment of cervical spondylosis. Ayurvedic physicians for the treatment of this condition popularly use a compound preparation named as simhanada guggulu. It is given in a dose of 2-4 tablets, 4 times a day. Usually hot water or hot milk id given to the patient after the administration of this medicines. This medicine has slightly laxative effects.
For the patient to recover from cervical ailments, it is necessary that this bowel should move clearly and regularly.
This medicine is very much helpful for this purpose. For patients having clear motions, this medicines should be given in a dose of 2 tablets and constipated patients the dose should be 4 tablets. If the constipation is not relieved even by taking 4 tablets the dose can be further increased to 6 tablets. At night some medicines should be given to the patients, which will act as a purgative.
Triphala powder is the best medicine for spondylosis. One teaspoonful of triphala should be given to the patient, mixed with a cup of warm milk and one spoon of sugar. In the motions become regular by the intake of simbanada guggulu, then triphala powder should be given only twice a week otherwise it can be given every day.Hot fomentation on the vertebrae of the is very useful for cervical pains. In a big handkerchief about 500gms of salt should be kept over a frying pan till it becomes tolerably hot. Then this should be applied over the neck. Care should be taken to see that it should not be too hot. In that case, it may cause burns.
Sometimes patients suffering develop some anesthetic patches in the back, neck, shoulders and arms because of the pressure from nervous systems .The patient is therefore not able to feel the quantum of heat applied during fomentation. It should therefore be the responsibility of the attendant to examine the heat of the bolus before applying it on the affected parts .This fomentation should be continued about ½ an hour every day. After fomentation the affected part should not be exposed to cold wind. In winter season therefore immediately after fomentation, the affected part should be covered with some wool engarment.
In other seasons also the affected part should be kept covered with some cotton garments after fomentation. It is very convenient to take the fomentation before bedtime. After the fomentation the patient should go to sleep so that he does not run the risk of exposure. DietSour things particularly curd, are strictly prohibited. Fried things, pulses and various preparations of pulses are also contra- indicated in this condition. Bitter vegetables like bitter variety of drumstick, neem flowers and bitter gourd are very useful. Wheat is better than rice for the patient. He should however, avoid taking refined wheat which is known as maida (flour) and suji (semolina). To some extent they are constipated and do not help the patient in the recovery.
Lifestyle Exposure to cold, cold bath and any violent exercise of the muscles, including pressure, are very bad for the patients of Cervical spondulosis. Under the impression that this pain is being caused by some defects in the muscles, people undertake different types of neck exercises .While reading and writing ,one should maintain a comfortable posture. Morning walk gives some relief to the patient, but if it is cold outside the patient should always use a woolen scarf around his neck while going out of the house.
When hair after falling does not grow back, it is called baldness. Male baldness usually begins with thinning at the hairline, followed by the appearance of a bald spot on the crown of the head.
Women rarely develop bald patches. Instead, they experience a diffused thinning of their hair.
Baldness is caused by a mix of genetics and hormones that we have a very little control on. The actual reason for baldness is still quite a mystery.
Thinning or shedding of hair, breaking of hair, patchy bald areas (alopecia areata – an immune disorder causing temporary hair loss).
- Grind liquorice root pieces (mulati). Add 1 tablespoon of this powder in 1 cup milk with ¼ teaspoon saffron (kesar). Apply this paste on bald patches at bedtime.
Grind fenugreek seeds with water and apply on head. Leave for at least 40 minutes before washing. Do it every morning for a month.
Herbal shampoo for thinning hair
Clinical studies have shown that pure honey is a healthier choice for diabetics than sugar and other sweeteners. Honey has a lower Glycaemic Index i.e. it does not raise blood sugar levels as quickly as sugar. It also requires lower levels of insulin compared to regular white sugar. However, the key consideration is the total carbohydrates in your diet and not the amount of sugar. One tablespoon of honey has approximately 17 grams of carbohydrate. Honey is higher in calories, and is sweeter than sugar. This way you can add less honey to get the same sweetness. But before you decide to make the switch, make sure to first consult your doctor or dietician . An important fact you should keep in mind while using honey, is to be sure that you are using pure and unadulterated honey.
Honey has just as many carbohydrates and calories as sugar. Both of these sweeteners will have a similar effect on someone with diabetes. The carbohydrate in these sweeteners is digested quickly so they will raise blood glucose quickly. Sugar and honey are safe for someone with diabetes to have, but they need to be worked into your meal plan in the appropriate portion size.
It may be easier when meal planning and for your blood glucose to use artificial sweeteners to sweeten foods and drinks when you can. There are several different artificial sweeteners that you can buy in stores under various brand names: stevia, aspartame, acesulfame-K, saccharin, or sucralose. Artificial sweeteners are very low-calorie and have fewer carbs than honey or sugar.
Here is a comparison of a few sweeteners:
- 1 tablespoon honey = 64 calories, 17 grams of carbohydrate
- 1 tablespoon white or granulated sugar = 48 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrate
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar = 52 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrate
- 1 packet of artificial sweetener = 4 calories, <1 gram of carbohydrate
Can people with diabetes have honey in their diet in moderation?
Honey has just as many carbohydrates and slightly more calories than sugar. Honey and agave nectar are two sweeteners that have a lower glycemic index than sugar. This means that white sugar will raise blood glucose a little faster than if you were to have an equal amount of honey. However, glycemic index can vary quite a bit depending on the individual and what foods are consumed together. Sugar and honey are safe for someone with diabetes to have, but they need to be worked into your meal plan in the appropriate portion size.
It may be easier when meal planning and better for blood glucose control to use artificial sweeteners to sweeten foods and drinks when you can. There are several different artificial sweeteners that you can buy in stores under various brand names: stevia, aspartame, acesulfame-K, saccharin, or sucralose. Artificial sweeteners are very low-calorie and have fewer carbs than honey or sugar.
Here is a comparison of a few sweeteners:
1 tablespoon honey = about 64 calories, 17 grams of carbohydrate
1 tablespoon white or granulated sugar = about 48 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrate
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar = about 52 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrate
1 tablespoon maple syrup = about 52 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrate
1 tablespoon agave nectar = about 45 calories, 12 grams of carbohydrate
You can use any good quality herbal shampoo and soap.Along with it below are few remedies to make skin fair
One of the simplest and safest bleaching agents you will find, lemon juice can work wonders for darkened skin. The ascorbic acid or vitamin C present in lime juice acts as an antioxidant and this action helps to lighten the colour of the skin. All you need to do is squeeze the juice from half a lemon and apply this with a cotton ball onto the area where the skin has darkened. Or you could even directly rub a cut lemon over the affected area to allow the juice to stick to the skin.
Leave on for at least an hour and then wash with water. But make sure you avoid exposure to sunlight when you have applied the lemon juice onto your skin or your skin will only get darker than before.
Besides using lemon juice alone, you could also try combining it with turmeric powder or tomato juice. Mix about 3 teaspoons of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder; apply this paste and leave it on for half an hour; then wash with water. Or make a puree from 2 medium-sized tomatoes and mix this with 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and apply this to darkened skin for about 20 minutes.
Milk contains a compound called lactic acid and this has been found to help with lightening the colour of skin. Use a cotton ball to apply a little raw milk to the darkened skin; allow to dry and leave it on overnight; wash the next morning with a little warm water.
Since it is made of milk, yogurt also contains lactic acid and this gives it bleaching properties. You can also add in a little lemon juice and some oatmeal into the yogurt to make a thick paste and apply to the darkened skin. According to Ayurveda, the regular application of buttermilk (the thin liquid left behind after removing the cream from milk in the form of butter) on darkened skin can help keep the skin cool and refresh it.
Like lemon juice, orange juice also has bleaching properties and can be used to lighten skin tone. Some people also find good results when they use a paste prepared by combining about two tablespoons of orange juice with a pinch of powdered turmeric. This paste can be applied onto the skin before going to bed and washed off the next morning.
When honey is applied to the face either alone or in combination with ingredients such as lemon juice and olive oil, it helps to remove the layer of dead cells on the outermost layer of skin. As a result, your skin appears brighter and fresh than before. Besides, honey also contains enzymes that help to make the skin soft and glowing. If you have sensitive skin and want to try honey on your face, make sure you try it out elsewhere – say on the arm – and check how your body reacts to it before applying it to your face.
Even better than using honey alone is to combine it with an equal quantity of lemon juice and milk powder and a little paste obtained from soaked almonds.
Aloe Vera Gel
The gel from the aloe plant can help to reduce the skin tone. Cut the outer layers of the aloe leaf, squeeze out the thick jelly-like substance and apply this to the area of darkened skin. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
Although these home remedies are effective, they take longer than cosmetic bleaching products to act. So, it may seem as if you have been trying the remedy for days together but there are no noticeable results. Most of these remedies will take regular use for a month or two to show effects and therefore, it is vital to have patience when you use home remedies to get rid of skin darkening.
Query 9 Thyroid is 7,normal is 5
should she start medicine
How to Interpret Your Thyroid Test Results
If you want to have a better idea of what your thyroid tests mean, here is some information that can help.
- Find out your thyroid test results from your doctor’s office.
- If you can, get a hard copy printout for your own review and home medical files.
- If “normal” or “reference” ranges are not indicated on the lab results, ask your doctor’s office to tell you what these ranges are.
- Note the level of your Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). the normal range is from around 0.5 to 5.5. That range changed to .3 to 3 as of early 2003.
- If the TSH level is below normal, your doctor may determine that you are hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid.)
- If the TSH level is above normal, your doctor may determine that you are hypothyroid (underactive thyroid.)
- If your doctor ran a test called Total T4 or Total Thyroxine, normal range is approximately 4.5 to 12.5. If you had a low reading, and a high TSH, your doctor might consider that indicative of hypothyroidism.
- If your doctor ran a test called Total T4 or Total Thyroxine, normal range is approximately 4.5 to 12.5. If you had a low reading, and a low TSH, your doctor might look into a pituitary problem.
- If your doctor ran a test called Free T4, or Free Thyroxine, normal range is approximately 0.7 to 2.0. If your result was less than 0.7, your doctor might consider that indicative of hypothyroidism.
- If your doctor ran a test called Total T3, normal range is approximately 80 to 220. If your result was less than 80, your doctor might consider that indicative of hypothyroidism.
- If your doctor ran a test called Free T3, normal range is approximately 2.3 to 4.2. If your result was less than 2.3, your doctor might consider that indicative of hypothyroidism.
- If your test results come back “normal” but you have many of the symptoms or risk factors for thyroid disease, make sure you ask for an antibodies test. Some doctors believe in treating thyroid symptoms in the presence of elevated antibodies and normal TSH levels.
- If your test results come back “normal” but you have many of the symptoms or risk factors for thyroid disease, consider going to a reputable holistic M.D. or alternative physician for further interpretation and diagnosis.