0 product(s) Rs. 0.00
Removing New Born’s Body Hair
- A simple and gentle massage at home with a baby oil can remove the soft body hair. You can do it twice a day, morning and evening.
- Most babies are born with soft body hair that is called lanugo. This usually covers certain body parts like back, shoulders, ears and forehead and falls off during the first few weeks of birth, or in the next few months.
- Make a paste of chandan powder, milk and a pinch of turmeric powder and before bath, apply on the areas where there is body hair. Remove the paste by rubbing gently.
- Knead a dough – mix 2 spoons of wheat flour and a spoon of besan and roll it into a soft ball. Before bath, during massage time, rub or roll this ball of dough on baby’s body. Hair will slowly fall off.
- While massaging, remember to not massage much over the spine area or press the area, as that area in a newborn is very delicate.
- Massage baby with olive oil. Then make a paste by mixing milk cream (malai) and finely powdered red masoor dal. Use this paste to massage baby.
- Make a paste of yellow mustard, badaam and turmeric and massage baby with it.
- Take a piece of bread, dip it in unboiled milk and massage over baby’s body.