Manicure cleans the nails and nail cuticles that was done with experts is a great way to get shiny nails but remember that people who has lack of money can’t afford to go to nail salon or spa centers. So, they do this manicure themselves at home but this process leaves them unknowingly that how to shine their nails without using a nail polish?
However many people claims that nail polish coating is the only thing that makes the nails shine and strong. But it is not true why because the nail polish contains full of harsh chemicals which further creates a barrier to block the oxygen, nutrients and moisture that are needed by the nail to grow healthy, strongly and shiny. So avoid wearing nail polish and know how to shine your nails without nail polish.
Nail care is somewhat really easy and simple process and it is quite economical too. Here are some simple and effective remedies that are easily available in your kitchen and follow them to get shiny and beautiful nails at home only without using nail polish.
Even though following these remedies will not be enough to remain them shiny and healthy for longer period until and unless you starts taking care of them in both the ways i.e. in internally (taking proper vital nutrients through diet) and externally (by keeping them clean).
Home Remedies for Shiny Nails:
Do you want to shine your nails with simple kitchen ingredients naturally? Then follow these remedies which are simple, safe and easy to use remedies at home. These remedies have many useful properties that give strength and make it look beautiful, healthy, long and shiny nails.
1. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is not only great for your health but also for your nails. It contains linoleic acid which makes it as a good moisturizer. This effectively prevents the water from evaporating and makes it look perfect and shiny. But in certain cases, nails may look dull due to dryness as oil glands are present in hands so the fingers and nails tend to dry easily and naturally. Then in that case, olive oil moisturizes the nails and eliminates the dryness to make it shine.
Method – 1:
- Olive oil – few drops
- Warm Water
- Take organic olive oil and add few drops in this oil in warm water filled in small tub (or large bowl).
- Stir well and soak your nails in this water for few minutes.
- Massage the nails with warm but not hot olive oil.
- Remember that before buff nails or applying nail polish, you have to apply this olive oil directly on the nails.
- Continue doing this regularly to get shiny nails.
Method – 2:
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Take freshly squeezed lemon juice and add this olive oil.
- Mix well and soak your nails in this mixture for about few minutes.
- Do this process regularly to get rid of the dull and dirt nails.
Method – 3:
- Olive oil
- Hand cotton gloves
- Hand moisturizer or nail cream
- Take sufficient amount of olive oil and heat this oil till it gets warm.
- Make sure that it should not be hot and then pour this warm oil in a bowl.
- Then dip your nails in this warm oil and let it sit for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- If you are doing this process for toenails means, you can use a big tub where you can easily place your legs in it.
- Now take out your hands and wear a cotton based hand gloves.
- Allow it for overnight or for at least an hour or two as per your wish.
- Finally wash it with fresh water and moisture your nails with hand and nail cream.
- Continue doing this process regularly to get most shiny, healthy and beautiful nails.
If your nails are dry and brittle then avocados is the best solution to deal with this problem. It is rich in good fat, nutrients and proteins which helps to restore the brittle nails and ultimately makes it shiny. So intake of this avocados are a part of your daily meal will make you to get all the phytonutrients, minerals and other essential vitamins which are present in the avocado. Or you can also apply some avocado oil on the nails to protect them from dryness and also to give a shiny look. This oil contains anti-oxidant property, vitamins A, B, B1, B2, D & E, beta – carotene and potassium which makes your nails healthy and shiny than ever before. So have regular application of these avocados on the nails or include them in daily diet to get shiny nails.
- Ripe avocado – 1/2 piece
- Rose water
- Take ripe avocado and mash it to get paste form.
- Add a little of rose water to this mashed avocado paste.
- Mix it well and apply this on the nails thoroughly.
- Massage it for few minutes and leave it for about 15 – 25 minutes.
- Wash it water to get pink and shiny nails.
- Do this process regularly to maintain healthy, pink and shiny nails.
- This process acts as nourishing nail soak that nourishes the brittle and dull nails and moisturizes it thoroughly.
- Remember that well nourished nails are the key to get shiny nails.
Milk is another effective remedy that helps to cleanse the nails and makes it not to become shiny but also maintain its shiny for a longer period. This process is easy to follow and not a time taking one. Here the nails absorb the milk’s nourishment that making them looks shiny.
- Warm milk
- Cold cream or nail cream
- Take enough amount of warm milk and pour this in a bowl.
- Put your nails in this warm milk and let it sit for few minutes so that the nails absorbs the nourishment of the milk.
- Then wash it with water and apply moisturizer like either a nail cream or at least a cold cream to prevent nail weakening or cracking.
- Repeat the same process for regularly till you get shiny nails and then follow this occasionally to maintain the shine on your nails constantly.
4. Lemon Manicure:
Lemon acts as natural bleaching agent which helps to remove the stains and leaves your nails shiny. In certain times, due to any contact with chemicals or any other reasons like dirt and dust, you’re nails develop yellow stains on them. To clear them every salon which you visit will advise you for lemon manicure. If you want to do this lemon manicure at home, then follow this simple and easy to do process without going to any salon.
- Lemon juice – 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Warm water
- Tooth brush or nail brush
- Take freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
- Soak your nail in this juice for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- But remember to add little of water if you have sensitive skin.
- Then take vinegar and add this in warm water.
- Stir it well and dip the brush (either tooth brush or nail brush) in this vinegar solution.
- Take out the brush and use this to brush your nails for a couple of minutes.
- This process helps to remove the dirt, dust and other impurities in the nails.
- Finally rinse the nails with warm water and apply moisturizer if needed.
- Repeat this lemon manicure for at least once or twice for 15 days to maintain shiny and healthy nails.
5. Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice:
Coconut oil has important nutrients that strengthen the nails and cuticles. Olive oil helps to strengthen the brittle nails and moisturizes them properly. Lemon juice in this process acts as natural bleach to get rid of the yellow stains on the nails. Here is the process that you have to follow regularly to get rid of the body.
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1/2 cup
- Lukewarm water
- Vaseline or any nail cream
- Take equal quantities of lemon juice, olive and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Place the bowl on heat either on the stove or microwave.
- Allow it to heat up for about 15 – 20 sec in microwave.
- Remove the heat and stir it well and then add warm water to it.
- Now soak your nails in this warm water for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Take it out and you will get shiny and moisturized nails.
- Next gently wash the hands with lukewarm water and pat dry your fingers and nails.
- Apply some hand lotion like Vaseline after washing your hands.
- Do this process for once a week will help to maintain healthy cuticles and shiny and moisturized nails.
Eating butter rich foods may not be good for the people who are on weight loss plan but applying butter on the nails daily will give you a shiny nails. Butter is a smooth, fatty substance that has been derived from the cream that contains at least 35% of fat by which the nails will get the required moisturization as well as the whole lot of nutrients that are present in the butter to the nails. Some of the nutrients which the butter contains are sodium, calcium, zinc, iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, C, E and few B vitamins. So the nails will also get all these to make it glow with shine.
- Warm water
- Take sufficient amount of butter and melt it to get liquid form.
- Apply this on the nails but concentrate more on the affected nails.
- Rub it gently to allow the fat go deep in to the nails and the surrounding areas of the skin or nail.
- Massage this for few minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Repeat this daily to get most beautiful and shiny nails.
7. Borage Seed Oil:
Borage or borago officinails or starflower is an herb in which the oil is extracted from the borage seeds. This oil is widely used by many herbalists due to its anti-inflammatory, weight management and skin friendly benefits. This seed oil is rich in gamma – linolenic acid (GLA), omega – 3, tannin, salicylic acid, mucilage, potassium nitrate, resin, magnesium and calcium that makes this oil as a most beneficial remedy for treating not only nail problems but also helps to cure many health problems like eczema, dermatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast pain, premenstrual syndrome symptoms, high blood pressure, dermatitis and skin health by curing general inflammation. GLA in this oil helps to combat the problems like dry hair, split ends, slow glowing of the nails, brittleness and dryness of the nail, etc. This seed oil helps to prevent the nails from getting cracked and also keep them healthy and thereby healthy nails naturally acquire shine on their own.
- Borage seed oil
- The recommended dosage of borage oil is that 600 mg of GLA daily.
- For 1300 mg of borage oil, you will get about 300 mg of GLA which is calculated as half a teaspoon (1300 mg).
- Take a teaspoon of this borage oil (2600 mg) in which you will get the recommended dosage (600 mg) of GLA.
- This borage seed oil is generally available in soft gel, oil and capsules form. You can use any form of this oil first by consulting the doctor.
- Follow this process regularly to get rid of the problem and also to maintain shiny nails constantly.
8. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E is one of the best and essential ingredients for maintaining the nails shiny and healthy. This vitamin improves the blood circulation which in turn helps to carry the oxygen to the nail beds. Whenever you consume vitamin E with vitamin C, then it becomes an effective medicine for the nails which clears the dust and impurities, cures dryness, brittle and makes it shiny. As we all know that avocados are rich in vitamin E and tomatoes, lemons, oranges, etc. are high source of vitamin C. here you can combine both of these vitamins to get effective and shiny nails. Here are the recipes to follow this for shiny nails.
Method – 1:
- Take avocado and cut it into fine piece.
- Do the same for tomatoes also.
- Take a bowl and add both of these pieces.
- Stir it well and have this salad to get nails shiny.
- Regular follow up gives more effective results.
Method – 2: (Fruit Salad)
- Take avocado (ripe) and cut them into fine pieces.
- Include vitamin C rich fruits like oranges, grapefruits, etc. to it.
- Mix it well in a bowl and have this fruit salad regularly to get rid of the problem and also to maintain the shine on your nails.
Method – 3:
- Vitamin E oil capsules
- Take few vitamin E oil capsules.
- Pinch in to extract the oil from it.
- Apply this oil to the nail at night time before going to the sleep.
- Leave it for overnight and wash them in the morning.
- This oil helps to make alive the dull face, lifeless hair and brittle nails.
- Do this oil application daily till you got the shiny nails.
9. Hydrochloric Acid Rich Foods:
In certain times, your body is unable to absorb the essential nutrients which you take through your diet. Lack of hydrochloric acid in the body is the main reason for this problem. This acid helps to break down the food in the stomach and perfectly absorbs all the nutrients into the body. Deficiency of this acid is generally due to the intake of poor diet but which is rich on sugar, processed floor carbohydrates in food items and dairy products. So this deficiency allows your skin, nails and hair not to stay healthy and beaming with glow. So you have to include this hydrochloric acid in some natural sources in the daily diet to obtain the sufficient amount of this acid daily.
These are some of the natural sources of hydrochloric acid that you have to follow them regularly to get relief from the dry and damaged skin, nails and hair.
I. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar helps to break down the food and this in turn helps to absorb the nutrients.
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Take raw, organic and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- Add this to water and stir it well.
- Drink this solution to get shiny and healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Remember that never ever drink this apple cider vinegar in undiluted form, always prefer diluted ACV in water.
- Or if you’re feeling the burning sensation even if you dilute it in water and then add baking soda to this vinegar solution to regulate the acidity by neutralizing the base.
- Repeat drinking this regularly for more best and desired results.
II. Spinach and Other Leafy Greens:
Spinach helps to stimulate the hydrochloric acid (HCL) production in the stomach. Other leafy greens like kale, barley grasses will also do the same process of producing sufficient amount of HCL in stomach.
- Barley grass
- Take fresh spinach, kale and barley grass.
- Chop them into fine pieces and include this in your curries.
- Or you can use them in salads or any other forms of the dishes in your diet.
- Regular intake of these leafy greens in your daily diet will allows you to reach the desired result.
III. Lemon Juice:
Vitamin C in lemon juice helps to increase the hydrochloric acid in the stomach of the body. So add this lemon juice in your daily dishes (wherever possible).
- Lemon juice – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 glass
- Take fresh squeezed lemon juice and pour this juice in water.
- Stir it well and drink this after completing your meals.
- Or use this lemon juice in salad dressings, or in your curries, lemon tea, or any lemon form has to be included in your diet.
- Follow this process daily after meals to get most beautiful and shiny nails.
This celery increases the hydrochloric acid in the body and this also stimulates the bile acid secretion. Celery contains sodium which assists in producing hydrochloric acid.
- Take fresh celery and add this to curries.
- Or include this celery in juice form or any other supplement form in your diet.
- Regular intake will yield best results.
V. Black Olives:
This black olives helps to stimulate the production of HCL which in turns helps to break down the food and to get properly absorb the nutrients by the body.
- Black olives
- Take few black olives and include them in your diet.
- Regularize this process to get maximum benefited with this olives in having shiny nails.
10. Baby Oil:
Generally our hands and legs especially nails will get exposed to water many times in a day. This water exposure will break down the keratin. Keratin makes your nails stronger and holds the top layer of the nails. This exposure can sometimes cause cracks to the nails and in most of the cases, this makes the nails dull, dry and glow less. So to keep away the extreme dryness from the nails, you need an equally and effective moisturizer which is other than that baby oil. This oil is filled with mineral oil with some fragrance. So you can use this oil which is safe and well moisturizes the nails and cuticles excellently.
Method – 1:
- Baby oil
- Take sufficient amount of baby oil and apply this to the hands and nails as moisturizer.
- Rub the area on the nails and around the nails for about few minutes to get oil absorbed in that area.
- Do this process especially when you are going to do some work using water.
- Follow this process regularly whenever you do work that is linked with water to prevent the dry and brittleness in the nails.
Method – 2:
- Baby oil
- Take some baby oil in a small bowl.
- Apply this on the nails and cuticles at night before you go to bed.
- Leave it like that for overnight and repeat the same process daily to protect the shine on your nails.
- Or applying lukewarm baby oil will work greatly on the nails by increasing it shine.
11. Evening Primrose Oil:
Evening primrose oil is as good as borage seed oil. This primrose oil contains gamma – linolenic acid (GLA) in high concentrations. As you can’t get the enough of GLA from the diet so you have to take some oil form of supplements. This primrose oil is one among the best supplement of GLA as this primrose has gamma – linoleic acid (GLA), linoleic acid (LA) and other essential nutrients that are used for structuring the cells in the skin and also for its elasticity. This oil if applied regularly will make the nails stronger, healthier and shiny but remember that you need to be patience as this result will be visible after a continuous usage of at least 6 – 8 weeks of time.
Here are few ways that uses this primrose oil for shiny nails. Choose one among them and follow that one regularly to get perfect shine to your nails.
Method – 1:
- Evening primrose oil capsules – 500 mg
- Take evening primrose oil capsules.
- Consume these capsules twice a day i.e. once in the morning and once in the evening.
- But make sure to consult the doctor before taking these capsules for shiny nails and to treat other health problems.
Method – 2:
- Evening primrose oil
- Take 3000mg of this primrose oil in which the quantity is equal to 1 ¼ teaspoon.
- Have this daily to get rid of the problem.
- Make sure to take the recommended dosage but not more than that.
Method – 3:
- Evening primrose oil
- Take sufficient amount of evening primrose oil.
- Apply this oil on the nails and massage it gently for few minutes.
- Leave it like that for overnight (if applied at night time before going to bed) or few hours.
- Do this oil massage daily to get relief from the dry, dull and damaged nails.
Biotin is generally a B – complex vitamin which is an essential nutrient for the body. Biotin in few cases termed as vitamin H which is very essential for building healthy fats in the skin and also to maintain the skin moist and supple. Lack of all this healthy fats will make the skin to get flaky and irritated and for nails, it makes dry and brittle. This biotin improves the keratin infrastructure and thus makes it sense to include biotin in your daily diet to get healthy and shiny nails. But remember that this supplements are not generally recommended to take in overdose as this may cause many side effects like slows down the insulin release (that further results to high blood sugar levels), lowers vitamin B6 and C levels, skin rashes, etc. So always prefer natural sources of biotin rather than choosing for biotin supplements in your daily diet.
Here are some of the natural sources of biotin that you have to include them in diet to get healthy and shiny nails and skin.
- Sweet potato
- Brewer’s yeast
13. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is another effective remedy for treating dry, dull, brittle nails and making them shiny. This oil is a natural oil which contains vitamin E, healthy fats, lauric acid, caprylic acid and what not all are essential for healthy nails, hair and skin. The essential nutrients in coconut oil help to strengthen the nails and cuticles as a whole. Well moisturized nails are one of the reasons for maintaining shiny nails. Here this oil helps to soften the nails and cuticles, moisturizes the hands and finally prevents hangnails. Remember that this coconut oil is not only good for maintain shiny nails but this oil also fights against the infections on nail and cuticle. This is also considered as the best remedy for treating the toenail fungus. Here is the process of using coconut oil.
- Coconut oil
- Take sufficient amount of coconut oil and pour few drops on the nails and cuticles.
- Massage the oil on the nails and cuticles gently for few minutes.
- Leave it like that without disturbing the oil on the skin.
- Repeat the same oil application process for twice a day.
- But make sure to take care that not to cause any damage the cuticles while doing the massaging process.
14. Fish Oil:
Fish oil is fully loaded with essential nutrients, healthy fats as well as fat – soluble vitamins. This fish oil consumption can also help to prevent many nail disorders. This oil contains omega – 3 fatty acids that helps to lubricate and moisturizes the nails and this in turn prevents the dry and brittleness in your nails that finally gives a shiny nails. This omega – 3 fatty acids reduces the inflammation in the nail bed and nourishes the cells that give rise to nail plate. This fish oil has vitamin A that nourishes the nail cuticles. First and the best positive effect you get when you start this oil is that it strengthens the nails and then makes them look shiny.
- Fish oil – 1 teaspoon
- Take fish oil and have this oil daily to get rid of the problem.
- To get more shiny nails, you have to take at least 3000 mg of high – quality fish oil on daily basis.
- Follow up this process everyday till you get the desired results.
15. Protein Rich Foods:
Diet is very important and essential thing for each and every body parts and even nails are not exception for it. So have your diet which is rich in proteins that gives all the essential strength, health and shine to the nails. Generally these nails are made up of the structural proteins known as keratin so from this, we may to know why the nails need proteins. This protein is the building block for the healthy and shiny nails. So if you take foods which are considered as good protein source in your daily diet to get more healthy, shiny and beautiful nails. Or you can make any protein shakes at home and drink this to acquire the essential protein level in your diet and to maintain shiny nails.
Here is the list of protein rich food which you have to include in your daily diet to get rid of the problem.
- Meat (pork and beef)
- Chicken (lean poultry)
- Beans (Lima, white, soy beans, garbanzo, kidney, pinto)
- Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, watercress, artichoke, sweet corn, etc. which are high in proteins.
Yogurt has almost all the essential nutrients which are necessary for the healthy and shiny nails. This contains iron, calcium, folate, vitamins A, D, C, E and K, zinc, B vitamins, proteins, etc. So if you consume yogurt means, you’ll get all these effective nutrients to your body that helps you to give a shiny nails. Other than this, yogurt has friendly bacteria called probiotics. This bacteria helps to digest the food properly and also absorb the trace minerals into the body. Yogurt also contains hydrochloric acid that helps to male your body to absorb the essential nutrients in an effective way. So people who are suffering from the deficiency of HCL can also include this yogurt as a part in their diet.
- Yogurt (which is plain, unsweetened or unflavored)
- Take a cup of yogurt and consume it daily.
- You can have this either in the morning as breakfast or in the lunch time.
- Have this yogurt once or twice daily to get all the nutrients that in turn make your nails shiny and beautiful.
17. Black Currant Seed Oil:
Black currant seed oil is another natural source of gamma – linolenic acid (GLA). Just like evening primrose oil and borage seed oil, this currant seed oil is also used to treat the brittle dry nails and helps you to get back the shine and health of the nails. The omega – 6 fat in GLA is somewhat difficult to get it from diet so consume this black currant seed oil as supplement. Other than GLA, this oil also contains vitamin C and flavonoids that helps to contribute more for shiny nails.
- Black currant seed oil – 500 mg
- Take black currant seed oil and have this twice a day.
- Continue doing this process for at least 2 months to get visible results.
- But make sure to consult your doctor or healthcare provider before taking any GLA supplements.
25 Best Natural Tips to Get Shiny Nails:
Apart from the above mentioned home remedies and balanced diet, you have to ensure that the body has to absorb all the nutrients from the food that you eat and use certain oils, herbs and others. Here are some other essential things which you must follow to get healthy and shiny nails.
- Avoid using low quality nail polishes and paints on the nail as the chemicals in these cosmetics may damage the nails and finally results in dullness. So its better to use chemical free and high quality nail polish.
- Allow your nails to take enough of breathe. So avoiding putting nail polishes on them continuously and also remember that after you remove the nail polish, give the nails time to settle down by clearing the dirt and other chemicals on it for couple of days and then paint your nails with your favourite nail polish (but it should not contain more of chemicals in it).
- Regular usage of this chemical based nail polishes and paints will lead to yellow tint on the nails. Also give your nails some time to get sufficient amount of oxygen levels. If it won’t get the sufficient amount of oxygen for longer time, then it looks very dull and damaged. For more shiny and healthy nails, always use vegan or chemical free nail polish and they will protect the shine and health of the nails.
- While shaping the nails, never ever saw them back and forth. This will file from all the outside edges towards the center of each nail. This will weakens the nails whenever you saw nails back and forth.
- Remember that the nails should not be treated as tools. So never use the nails to open any boxes or any other things as this will cause to friction and finally result in breakage or dullness of the nail.
- Stop picking away the chipped nail polish as this will result to nail damage and prevents the shiny on it.
- Doing manicure at regular intervals of time will help to maintain your nails healthy which not only clears the dead skin cells around nails but also provides well moisturization to the nails.
- Keeping your hands and nails well moisturized is always helps to maintain shiny nails. We all know that dry nails will make the nails to look dull and damaged. For this you may use either good moisturizing creams or lotions or any cuticle oil on the nails. Here you can also use certain oils like coconut oil and olive oil (as this was discussed in the above mentioned remedies). Regular usage of this keep the nails moisturized.
- Over usage of the hand sanitizers and soaps will tend to make the nails dry. So its always better to use them in less and very needed times with less but not in excessive amounts.
- Make sure that never ever bite the nails for any reason as this causes damage to the nails.
- Applying acetone based nail polish or paints will cause harm to the nails. Avoid them completely on your nails.
- Drinking as much of water as possible will help to clear the harmful toxins or dust from it and this finally makes it to get shiny glossy look on the nails and also moisturizes it.
- Regular usage of scrubbers on the nails for at least once a week can helps to remove the dead cells and other impurities on it and maintains the shiny look.
- Cuticle oil is an important oil that gives shiny nails if applied on the nails regularly.
- Petroleum jelly is also used to gain the shiny nails. So use either Vaseline or any petroleum jelly products on the nails after taking or before taking bath and rub it for few minutes. This process helps to nourish the nails that in turn help to get shiny nails if used regularly.
- Warm water can actual do wonders for the nails so dab your nails in this warm (but not hot) water for few minutes and then take out the hand. This process nourishes the nails, clears it from toxins and other impurities, maintain the shine for longer time, etc.
- Cucumber is another effective home treatment for shiny nails. You can use either a thin sliced cucumber or its juice on nails which do wonders on them.
- Trim and file the nails at regular intervals of time to get clear the weal parts of the nails.
- Buffing nails regularly with a nail buffer will help you to get rid of any of the ridges on it.
- Always wear gloves to the hands while washing dishes and clothes for the protection of nails against dull, dry and damaged environment and from harsh chemicals.
- Take sufficient amount of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) in a cotton bud and apply this on the cuticles. Then use cuticle pusher to push back the cuticles and finally wipe it off gently to get clean and effective shiny nails.
- Remember that never cut the cuticles as these perform a great job of protecting the nail roots from invasion by harmful bacteria.
- Include the food which is rich in B – complex, calcium, vitamins A, C &D and iron in your diet and also must include fresh vegetables and fruits, greens, nuts, whole grains, etc. to maintain the perfect nail beauty and shine.
- Make sure to consult your healthcare provider or doctor before using any of these remedies at home especially before taking the biotin and zinc supplements even though they give the best and fast results why because everyone’s body won’t be structured same and this depends on the skin type and other conditions. So consult first and follow them regularly is the next.
- Gelatin is a protein rich food which has high amount of collagen that is extremely essential for the hair and nail to grow strong, health and shiny. So it would be more beneficial to find out these gelatin supplements and capsules in medical or any health stores. Or simply increase the jello desert consumption in your diet to achieve shiny nails.
All these remedies and tips are very effective in giving shine to your nails and the thing you have to do is to follow them regularly. But to remain the shine and health for longer period, you have to take some extra care on them like cleansing, cutting, trimming, buffing them regularly. Remember that a little care giving to the nails is not so expensive and this also won’t require any trip to the salons.