What The Causes Of Dry Skin?
Dry skin occurs due to various causes. Exposure to sun, wind, cold, household chemicals etc. can leave the skin dry and itchy. If you know how to get smooth skin using home remedies, this dry skin will not be a problem for you. The main causes of dry skin are
- Cold weather
- Exposure to sun
- Steamy showers
- Soaps and body wash
- Scrubbing the skin
- Losing moisture
- Health conditions
When the temperature of the environment decreases the humidity level of the atmosphere also decreases. This causes dry and itchy skin. The indoor heating devices absorb more moisture from the air and reduce humidity causing drying up of the skin. To avoid dryness
• Install humidifier in the rooms to keep the room moist
• Set humidity level between 45%-50% and a temperature of 680 Fahrenheit
• Cover your most sensitive parts like face, lips, hands with a scarf and gloves while going out
Exposure To Sun
Exposure to sun causes damages to the skin. It can cause tanning as well as drying of the skin due to dehydration of the skin.
• Do not go out in the sun when the intensity of the sunrays is maximum
• Use sunscreens to protect your skin from getting tanned
• Drink plenty of water
Hot showers provide soothing feeling and reduce the tiredness of the body. However using very hot water for showers can dry up the natural oils in the skin and cause dryness.
• Have showers faster, five minutes is all you need to get your body clean
• Use only lukewarm water to have showers
Soaps And Body Wash
All the soaps are not the same. Washing your body with harsh soaps and body wash will remove the moisture and smoothness of the skin. Select soaps and body washes specifically formulated for dry skin.
• Use mild soaps that moisturize the skin as it cleanses
• Do not wash the body not more than twice a day using the soap
Scrubbing The Skin
Many people believe that it is necessary to scrub the skin whenever they take a bath. The friction caused while scrubbing enhances the dryness of the skin.
• Do not use a scrubby sponge to rub the skin
• Use your hands or soft washcloths
Aging is another reason which causes the skin to lose its smoothness. The changes in the hormone levels during aging makes the skin look parched. You can minimize the damages to the skin caused by aging by:
• Applying a face or body cream which relieves dryness
• Exercise regularly to improve the blood circulation which helps to keep the skin fresh and smooth.
Showering reduces the moisture content of the skin and scrubbing of the skin with a towel to dry the skin removes the remaining moisture. So, you have to seal the moisture in
• Apply moisturizing lotion when your body is still wet
• Products containing ceramides, urea, lactic acid or petroleum jelly helps to prevent dry skin and gives you smooth skin.
There are certain irritants which cause itching of the skin when your skin comes into contact with it. This includes woolen dress, detergents, fabric softeners, perfumes etc.
• Use products specially created for people with sensitive skin
• Look for the label when you buy beauty products to ensure that they are fragrant free or dye- free.
• Use clothes made of natural fabric
During certain health conditions your skin gets affected. Skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, the skin becomes scaly and red. Diabetes and thyroid gland problems also lead to changes in the skin.
• See a doctor, if the redness and dryness of skin do not improve using home remedies.
• Treat the cause using prescription medications
The changes in the skin can be effectively treated using the home remedies and it is possible to achieve smooth skin using these remedies and having a proper and balanced diet and exercise regime. Try to use beauty or cosmetic products which contain natural ingredients, if you want to keep your skin smooth and shiny. You can find some of the best home remedies to treat the dryness and other problems affecting the skin and to achieve the smooth skin.
Simple & Effective Home Remedies For Smooth & Glowing Skin
There is no doubt that everyone would love to have smooth and beautiful skin. But, many busy people do not have the time on their stride to take good care of their skin and finally end up with rough and tough skin. If you are experiencing some skin problems like acne or pimples or dark spots or rough skin, then you can try out the following home remedies to easily get back smooth and glowing skin.
If you are thinking of how to get smooth skin naturally, then tomatoes pure is a well known natural skin toner. All you need to do is to mash two or three fresh tomatoes in your grinder to get a smooth paste. Apply this puree on your face and hands and leave it on your skin for five to seven minutes. This will help in reducing the size of your skin pores. You need to repeat this natural treatment for a few weeks and you will really get glowing and smooth skin. It is also quite effective in treating pimples.
One of the well known natural home remedy to get smooth and glowing skin is to use turmeric powder on your skin. It has antiseptic properties and can also be used to treat skin blemishes and pigmentation. Regular application of the turmeric paste on your face will brighten your face and will provide a glowing skin.
• You need to mix one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder in half a glass of milk thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture on your face and neck for ten minutes. Then wash it off and pat your face dry.
• You need to repeat this treatment daily for two to three weeks to get the glowing and smooth skin.
• If you have dark circles under your eye, then you can mix turmeric powder and pineapple juice to make a smooth paste and apply it on the skin around your eyes.
• If you suffer from dry and parched skin, then you can apply a smooth paste of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder to enjoy smooth skin in a few weeks time.
Mint is one that offers you cooling effect. You can apply mint juice extracts by crushing the mint leaves over your face overnight to treat pimples and dry skin. If you need to enjoy smooth and glowing skin, then you can mix two or three teaspoons of lemon juice with mint leaf extract and warm water and apply it all over your body. Let the mixture dry on your skin and you can then wash it off. This will cool your skin and also will provide a smooth feel to your skin.
It is important for you to drink plenty of water to get smooth skin. You will see a difference in the appearance of your skin if you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. It is important for you to avoid sugary drinks and carbonated drinks and consume plain water more than normal to get glowing skin.
Lemon Juice Extracts
Lemon juice has cleansing enzymes that will take care of all your dead skin cells and give a clear and refreshing skin. It is ideal for a person having oily skin as it is a natural cleanser. All you need to do is to extract lemon juice from a couple of lemon and apply it to your face and neck. Doing this regularly will help you to get clear and glowing skin.
Apply pure honey on your face and neck and leave it there for fifteen minutes. Then rinse this off in cold water. It will help you to make your skin soft, silky and also glow. You need to apply raw honey on your face at least five times a week to see visible results.
Egg white mixed with honey is an answer to your question how to get smooth skin. Mix both the ingredients properly and apply it to your face evenly and keep it there for twenty minutes. Then, you can wash your face with clear water and apply mild and fragrant soap to get rid of the smell of egg white. This will help your skin to glow upon regular use.
A cucumber face pack that contains cucumber juice, oats powder and milk can be applied as a face mask around your face and neck area. Leave the mixture to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Cucumber has nourishing, cooling, hydrating and astringent properties and will make your skin glow and feel very soft.
Papaya has an enzyme called papain that helps in removing dead and damaged skin to make your skin smooth and glowing. You need to mash a few pieces of ripe papayas to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste generously over your face and neck and leave it to dry for 15 minutes. You can wash it off with cold water. Repeat this process daily to get rejuvenated smooth and glowing skin.
Make a smooth paste of a few teaspoons of boiled milk and fresh fenugreek leaves and apply this face mask on your face to reduce pimples, wrinkles, fine lines, blackhead and to get smooth and soft skin.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil works effectively as a scar and stretch mark remover and will also make the skin become very smooth and soft. Apply generous amount of tea tree oil to your face and allow it to react with the skin for a few minutes. Wash it off with cold water and mild soap after 10 minutes and then pat dry your face. Use it regularly for smooth and soft skin.
Almonds And Nuts
Nuts are rich in Vitamin B complex which helps in skin cell restoration. So, eating a handful of almonds will help you to make your skin feel soft and smooth always.
It would be ideal for you to include avocado in your daily diet as it will help in enjoying clear, soft and smooth skin. You an also use this fruit as a face mask to get glowing skin.
Salmon And Tuna
Salmon and tuna fish are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and it also contains Vitamin D which helps keeping the skin fresh and healthy. They also help in making the skin smooth and glowing.
Asparagus is rich in Vitamin E which helps in keeping skin fresh and clean and free from wrinkles. It also helps to restore the skin cells and thereby helping you to keep your skin smooth and soft.