Sneezing may be annoying, but it is actually a protective mechanism that helps expel allergens and irritants out of your body. Allergies, animal dander, smoke, mold, dust, wood dust, pollen and other such irritants are the most common causes of sneezing. Cold weather, changesin humidity and temperature, rain water, strong smells, food allergies, certain drugs and other such factors also can cause sneezing.
Fenugreek seeds also provide relief from sneezing due to its antiviral properties. Fenugreek has a soothing effect on the mucous membranes relieving irritation and it helps to treat sneezing.
- Boil water with 2 to 3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds. Wait until the content reduces by half.
- Drain the mixture, and drink it in small sips.
- Do this 2 to 3 times a day until your symptoms are gone.
Bitter gourd has medicinal properties and is used in treating sneezing to a great extent.
- Soak about 5 to 6 bitter gourd leaves in water for some time.
- Remove the gourds from the water, squeeze them and add a little bit of warm water to make juice. You can add some honey to the mixture if you like.
- Drinking this on a regular basis will help get rid of sneezing induced by colds and seasonal allergies.
Along with all these home remedies, it’s a good idea to take some measures to prevent exposure to environmental irritants, such as dust and allergens in your home that can aggravate a sneezing problem.