Natural Remedies for Tattoo Removal
More and more people want to go as natural as possible in as far as at-home treatments are concerned. In that regard, there is no way we could have finished this guide without long at some of the natural remedies for tattoo removal. Here are some of them:
Aloe vera + Paederia Tomentosa + Vitamin E
Aloe vera has a wide range of beneficial uses in as far as natural home remedies are concerned ranging from burn treatment to dry skin alleviation and age spots removal. It is also touted to be one of the best home remedies to lighten tattoos when used alongside Paederia Tomentosa and Vitamin E. Here is an outline of the process used to fade out tattoos with aloe vera:
- Squeeze out a tablespoon of aloe vera juice from a fresh aloe vera leaf. Over-the-counter aloe vera gel would as well do.
- Mix the juice with 1 tablespoon of Paederia tomentosa and then pop the content of 2 capsules of vitamin E capsules in.
- Stir thoroughly to create a fine paste and then work it through the tattooed area of your skin. Rub the area gently with your finger in a circular motion for 10 minutes or so and finish off by rinsing the area with warm water.
Lemon Juice to Lighten Tattoos
Lemon juice is also touted to be one of the best natural home remedies for tattoo removal. It is especially effective for removal of light and small tattoos. To use lemon juice to fade tattoos, follow the following steps:
- Cut a lemon into two halves and then squeeze out its juice.
- Add in 100g of salt and stir thoroughly to dissolve.
- Dab the solution onto the tattooed area with a clean cotton ball and then rub repeatedly for 30 minutes.
- Finish by rinsing the area with warm water
- Repeat as often as is needed to get the desired results.
Honey for Fading Tattoos Naturally
Honey also makes it to the list of at home tattoo removal methods but it deserves a mention that it will only help to fade a tattoo as opposed to removing it altogether. This remedy is also effective for small, light-colored tattoos. Below is a guideline on how to use honey for this purpose:
Mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon each of aloe vera juice, yoghurt, and salt.
Blend them thoroughly to make a natural tattoo removal cream and then work it through your skin on the tattooed area.
Massage the area gently to aid the cream to work into the skin and finally rinse the cream off with warm water after 30 minutes or so. Repeat as necessary to get the desired results.
Word of caution
While the above listed home remedies for tattoo removal may give you notable results, there is the risk of scarring and infection involved. Infection is especially likely for harsh tattoo removal options such as Salabrasion; you are essentially scraping off your skin to the lower layers of the skin where the tattoo ink lies.
As for the less harsh natural remedies for tattoo removal highlighted in this guide, results vary form one person to another and patience is key to getting significant results. If you are comfortable with it though, and don’t mind the cost involved, you can always go for professional treatments such a laser tattoo removal, dermabrasion, and surgical excision.