THYROID AND OBESITY
There is a lot more to hypothyroidism than you have been led to believe and to say that eating too much leads to hypothyroidism is a lot more than over simplification, it is downright misleading and statements or indications of a link between obesity and hypothyroidism are speculative at best. While an unexplained weight gain may be a symptom of hypothyroidism, and such a symptom could lead to obesity, there is absolutely no shred of evidence to suggest that eating more food than needed can cause hypothyroidism. If this were the case the condition would be a lot more common than it is.
Hypothyroidism may be a condition that we are all familiar with or have at least heard of, but it is nowhere near as widespread as obesity. As the name suggests this is a condition that afflicts the thyroid glands inducing an underactive state, which means that the thyroid glands do not produce the necessary amount of certain hormones. Hypothyroidism tends to be more common among women over the age of fifty, but it can afflict anyone. The condition causes an upset in the normal chemical balance of your body. Importantly the hormones produce by the thyroid glands are necessary to regulate the body’s metabolism, which means that changes in the productivity affect your metabolism. In the case of hypothyroidism this means that due to decreased production of the hormones metabolism slows down, which can help explain some symptoms.
In the early stage hypothyroidism rarely causes symptoms, but this can change over time if untreated and it can then cause a variety of health problems like joint pain, fatigue, sluggishness, constipation, puffiness, dry skin, muscle aches and weakness, obesity and other problems. Obesity in itself is a problem that does warrant concern if not caused by hypothyroidism because of the various health risks it poses, but if caused by hypothyroidism then the thyroid problem is what needs to be addressed.
Home Remedy for Obesity
Home Remedies for Obesity
- The easiest and effective remedy to fight obesity would be to have 10 grams of honey, along with a glass of warm water. Consume this in the morning, on an empty stomach. If found effective, the dose can be increased with time.
- You can also mix juice of half a lime and one teaspoon of fresh honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Have this early in the morning, followed by every few hours intake.
- Consuming 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning, for 3 months, is found beneficial in dealing with the problem of obesity.
- Have one or two tomatoes, on an empty stomach, every morning. This has been found to be effective in curing obesity.
- In a glass of boiling water, add ginger and lemon slices. Steep for sometime and strain the water. Have this decoction when warm. Not only would it treat obesity, it would also control overeating tendency.
- In a cup of water, add 3 tsp limejuice, ¼ tsp powdered black pepper and 1 tsp honey. Have this concoction regularly, once a day, for 3 months.
- Soak a handful of jujube or Indian plum leaves overnight. Strain the water in the morning and consume on an empty stomach. It will prove beneficial in curing obesity.
- Include loads of cabbage in your diet. You can have its leaves raw or boiled. You can also make a vegetable out of it or use it in salads.
- Take out fresh carrot juice, add a little water and churn it in a blender. Filter the juice and drink it.
- Include French beans, jackfruits, grapes, figs, peaches, phalsa and guava in the diet.
- Having green tea has been found to be beneficial in treating obesity. You can also consume tea made from dandelion root.
- In a cup of lukewarm water, add ½ tbsp honey and ½ tsp holy basil paste. Consume this everyday, for treating obesity.
- Horse gram can help cure obesity. Soak 1-2 tbsp horse gram in a glass of water and keep it overnight. Filter the concoction the next morning and have it on an empty stomach.
- Make ginger paste and add a small amount to honey to it. Comsume this along with ½ tsp natural guggul. It will prove effective in treating obesity.