- posted by Burhani Natural Science
- December 27, 2013
BURHANI NATURAL SCIENCE
HERB OF THE WEEK
Common Name: Indian Kino Tree, Malabar kino tree
Sanskrit Name :Asana,Beejaka, Peetshal, Vijaysar
Latin Name: Pterocarpus marsupium – Leguminosae
Botanical Description- The tree grows to 10-15 mtrs. In height, smoky skin of the trunk bears vertical slits. Gum is red in colour. Leaves and foliage bear wavy margin. Flowers- yellowish. Legumes- contain two seeds. Water turns yellow at the beginning and then trunk is dipped in it.
Vijaysar is safe and cheap method to take care of Diabetics, weight control and reduce joints pain.Vijaysar was first introduced by Sushruta(1000s of years ago for this disease.
About 50 C. C. Water extract should be given in divided doses for three times a day. It provides a sense of well being and keeps normal health along with prompt symptomatic relief.
Since ancient times, Ayurvedacharyas used blocks/pieces of Vijaysar to control diabetes. Pieces of Vijaysar were soaked in water overnight and in the morning, the same was sieved with cloth and given to the diabetes patient. Such a practice carried out regularly had dramatic results in
Latin Ayurvedacharyas improved upon this method and prepared a glass of Vijaysar wood in which water was stored overnight and given to the patient in the morning.
Herbal wood Glass is made up of vijaysar (India Kinotree). A natural Ayurvedic treatment to controldiabetes.
It has a magnificent role in reducing excessive fat from the body. It also controls blood sugar level & purifies blood.
Vijaysar anti- Diabetes herbal wood
Glass is thus, a time tested and effective means of controlling diabetes. It is also a means of reducing excess fat from the body, controlling blood sugar and purifying blood.
Its principal constituents are liquiritigenin and isoliquiritigenin. An aqueous infusion of the wood is used in diabetes. It has been found to reduced the glucose absorption from the gastrointestinal tract and improve insulin and pro-insulin levels. It is effective in beta cell regeneration and has also been found to have a hypocholesteremic effect.
It also said to be effective in beta-cell regeneration.
A Natural way to control-
High Blood Pressure
Vijaysar is rich in Polyphenolic Compounds
• Regular use of Vijaysar Glass significantly lowers the blood glucose level of hyperglycemic.
• Vijaysar modulates tissue glucose utilization in insulin dependent tissues.
• Vijaysar helps to overcome complications of chronic diabetes – delays onset of diabetic complications.
• Vijaysar helps to reduce the glucose absorption from the gastrointestinal tract and improve insulin & pro-insulin levels.
• Vijaysar reduces fasting & post parandial hyperglycemia.
• Vijaysar regenerates beta cells of pancreas.
• Vijaysar is found to have a hypocholesteremic effect.
• Vijaysar reduces cardinal symptoms for diabetes like polyuria (production of large volumes of urine), Polyphagia (gluttonous excessive eating), Polydipsia (abnormally intense thirsts), burning pains in limbs & general weakness.
• Vijaysar has been reported to have strong antihyperglycemic activity. The active flavonoid principle (+)-epicatechin exerts protective & restorative effects in diabetes.