Lose Post-Baby Weight at Home Quickly
You do not need to go to a gym to lose post-pregnancy belly fat. An at-home fitness program and healthy food plan can help you lose excess body fat at a rate of 4 pounds per month. However, if you are still nursing or have recently given birth, your doctor may have recommendations regarding your caloric intake and level of exercise that may result in a slower rate of weight loss. Reducing your calories and burning excess calories do not target stomach fat specifically, but these strategies gradually replace overall body fat with lean tissue.
Stock your kitchen with healthy foods. Replace snack food, junk food, deep-fried food and sugary treats with fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, whole grains and nonfat dairy products. Having less fatty and sweet convenience foods around the house removes temptation.
Eat small, healthy meals and snacks throughout the day. New mothers require energy and focus, so do not skip meals or cut out healthy food groups. Instead, consume single portions of high-fiber foods such as unsweetened whole grains, leafy greens, citrus fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, lentils, peas and beans. You get key nutrients, avoid caloric additives and feel full with less total calories. Create a 250-calorie deficit daily and you can lose 2 pounds per month.
Sip plain water throughout the day, especially after exercising and during meals. Drinking water softens your food as you chew it, which improves your digestion and reduces stomach bloat.
Exercise. Engage in vigorous aerobic activities or workouts daily. Spend at least 60 minutes each day elevating your heart rate by walking briskly, dancing vigorously, biking, swimming, climbing stairs, doing dynamic yoga stretches, kickboxing, or jogging. Moving at a moderate pace burns more than 250 calories per hour. If you workout like this daily, you can lose an additional 2 pounds of body fat per month.
Increase your challenge level as you get stronger. As your body becomes more efficient at doing cardiovascular activity, you require more intense challenges to maintain effective fat-burning. Shift to a more vigorous pace or add bursts of speed or effort by doing jumping jacks, deep squats, burpees, pushups or sprints to your workout.
- Tighten and tone your stomach muscles with Pilates or situps.
1. Go For A Five Meal Daily Plan
It is ideal for you to eat small quantities of nutritious food regularly to reduce your weight. It is ideal for you to include at least 30 to 45 minutes of exercise every day to see visible differences in weight.
- Have a breakfast by 8:30 am in the morning and limit it to 250 to 300 calories.
- Have a handful of nuts as a mid morning snack at 10:30 am
- Have your lunch at 12.45 pm and make sure it is only a diet full of veggies and fruits.
- At 2:30 pm have your afternoon snack that could be carrot sticks or apple with low fat peanut butter?
- At 6 pm have the last meal of the day that includes a cup of vegetables before the meal? Then drink water and follow it with a cup of rice and lean meat.
2. Honey With Water
One of the best ways to reduce the fat in your body is to drink honey in water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink this glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the honey and water mixture.
3. Black Pepper Powder And Lemon Juice
- In a glass of hot water add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and I tablespoon of honey. Mix well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of freshly crushed black pepper powder and mix well.
- Drink this every day in the morning to see effective results.
Cabbage is one veggie that is known to burn body fat effectively.
- Make sure that you eat a bowl of raw cabbage everyday before your lunch to burn fat.
5. Olive Oil
One of the best oils that you can think of switching to if you feel that you are overweight is olive oil. It is rich in monounsaturated fats which will help in lowering the LDL cholesterol and improving the HDL cholesterol in your body.
- Daily consumption of one to two tablespoons of olive oil will do no harm to your body when compared to butter and other vegetable oils.
6. Eating Steamed Or Boiled Food
It would be better for you to eat steam cooked or boiled food in order to prevent the risk of adding on the weight.
- Make sure that you only steam cooks all your veggies and do not fry them when you are cooking.
- You can also consume boiled chicken or fish every day, but make sure that you should never eat fried chicken or other meat.
7. Jujube Leaves
Jujube is loaded with a lot of nutrients like calcium, phosphorus and iron. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C, B2 and A.
- Soak a handful of jujube leaves in a bowl of plain water overnight.
- Strain the water and drink it every day in the morning before having your breakfast.
- You will see visible results of weight loss on regular consumption.
8. Carrot Juice
Carrot juice is very effective in reducing fat from your body.
- Take one or two fresh carrots and peel off its outer skin.
- Now put the carrots in a juice blender and extract its juice.
- Drink a glass of carrot juice every day in the morning.
- You can also include carrots in your daily salad mixture or eat as raw carrots or can even have it steam cooked with other vegetables every day to see a visible weight loss.
9. Avoid Fried Foods And Snacks
It is very important for you to remove fried foods from your diet if you have any intentions of losing weight.
- Make sure that you do not include fried chicken, fried meat, fried rice or any other fried snacks in your daily diet.
- If you completely eliminate fried foods you can see remarkable changes in your weight in a month or two.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most tried home remedies to help a person lose weight is organic apple cider vinegar. It helps in removing excess fat from the body.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in ¾ cups of water. Mix it well.
- Drink this at least three times a day to see visible results.
Cucumber is a well known home remedy to provide soothing and cooling effect in the body. It is filled with water content and helps in reducing fat in your body naturally.
- Make sure that you eat one or two raw cucumbers with its skin on every day.
- Cucumber has 90 percent water in it and also has strong antioxidant Vitamin A, C and E that helps in removing toxins from the body.
Parsley is another leafy vegetable that is loaded with antioxidants and has luteolin that helps in removing free radicals in the body.
- Make sure that you add the parsley in your daily diet either in salads or as a food flavor to improve your body metabolism.
- You can also drink boiling water that has parsley soaked in it every day.
- You can also extract juice from the parsley and drink this juice once in two days to see effective weight loss results.
13. Water And Citrus Juices
- Make sure that you consume at least 10 to 12 glasses of pure water every day.
- You can also replace one or two glasses of water with citrus fruit juices like lemon juice or orange juice to provide you the natural vitamins that help in losing weight.
- Water will help you to flush out the toxins in your body.
One of the well known natural fruits that is ideal for dieters and to reduce weight is peaches.
- Make it a point to consume at least one peach every day.
- It just contains 68 calories and does not have any fat.
- You can substitute carbohydrate rich vegetables with the peach fruit and this will help in reducing your weight.
15. Brown Rice
It would be ideal for you to replace your white polished rice with brown rice that is low in carbohydrates.
- Brown rice is rich in fiber content and low in carbohydrates.
- It will make you feel fuller for longer time and hence you will eat less all through the day.
- It will also help in regulating body metabolism, bowel movement and is loaded with Vitamin B and E and magnesium.
16. Green Tea
It would be better for you to substitute your coffee with green tea as it has natural antioxidants as well as will help in reducing your appetite.
- Consume two or three cups of green tea every day to burn fat and calories in your body and to improve your metabolism.
- The caffeine in the green tea helps in proper functioning of the heart and also reduces bad cholesterol in your body.